Unofficial patch 1.3 released!

Are you taking bug reports Wesp?

Of course, that the main reason why I'm on these forums ;).

1) when people on stations would take my money to fix my armor but it would not be fixed.

Fixed! I included it with the timezone corrected installer, you can find it further on.

When I was walking back to their tree, a cutscene triggered where I sabotaged their incubator pods in a patricularly entertaining way…

This looks like a map triggered cutscene to me so I won't be able to fix it until someone learns how to edit the map files themselves!

Last edited:
Wesp5,
Your patch (both the exe and the zip) has some bad issues with me.

I get a CTD and error messages about "bad .ogg" files when I try to start the game.

Fortunately this is remedied when I re-install the files from player1's and badmofo's patches afterwards.

I also notice that (and this is weird) the resource.qrc does not take effect unless I manually delete the older 1.2 one first. Trying to overwrite it doesn't seem to work for me. But it is working when I install it the other way.

Btw, I have the Russian version from yuplay installed, path :
Program files/Gamepitstop.ru/Precursors

^have you tried installer from post above? It is supposed to fix the issue.

Yup, just finished trying out the timezone corrected installer and it works just fine.. :)

Great to hear! As for the 1.2 version, the game makes a copy of resource.qrc in the Shared Documents folder, so to be sure you can just copy the new one into that…

wolvesvillage: You shouldn't install the game into the Program files folder in Windows Vista or Windows 7 since Windows protects the folder and it will cause problems especially with overwriting files.

Any idea when this official patch will be out?

No idea. I suggested I publish the Unofficial Patch first so we can fix any potential critical issues before going official...

Just got my Russian versions of The Precursors and Xenus II: White Gold up and running and wanted to say thanks a ton, Wesp. I certainly appreciate all your work and those who helped you…going back to the Bloodlines days.

Props and kudos.

Edit: Forgot to mention Xenus II.

Last edited:
Does the mod fix the issue with the sound on the GG version that some have reported?

Wesp patch can't help you for fixing GG sound issue, on its own.

What you need is Russian voice files + English override for cutscenes (to keep cutscenes in English).

Wesp5 patch does include the second component (so that players with Russian version can have cutscenes in English), but on its own, can't help with this problem, since English voice files are source of bugged behavior.

Hi wesp. Great to see you turning your modding capabilities to a new underappreciated gaming gem. Anyway, the only real problem I had with precursors was the incredibly oversensitive mouse. Have you found a workaround for that or do you know if will this be fixed in the presumably upcoming official patch? Cheers.

Anyway, the only real problem I had with precursors was the incredibly oversensitive mouse.

This can only be fixed by applying the official Russian 1.1 patch, or probably the upcoming official English patch too.

The Russian patch hardly improved matters. Oh well, will see if the next patch helps. Thanks for the reply.

Hi!
I have a big problem here, I hope you can help me.
I have the English version of the game installed on a Win7x64 to the D:\Games\Precursors directory. First I played a game, made some progress, saving, etc... the installed the russian 1.1 patch, i edited ControlSettings.ini and VideoOptions.ini at my D:\Games\Precursors\ini folder, tried it, and everything was good. Then I installed the russian voices to the packages directory and the Unofficial patch 1.3. I noticed in the readme, that the patch moved the ini folder location to the 'Shared Documents' folder. I manage to find it in the "C:\Users\Public\(Public )Documents\Precursors\INI" folder (on Win7).
So I edited the settings here and I find out, that they did not affect to Precursors in-game settings, example: tried to set FSAA=6 like in my old ini directory. The in-game setting was still 0 (No), so I checked the old ini folder, but there was FSAA=6 as well. Then I tried to play other in-game settings and I discovered, that my Precursors can't save any setting after I exit the game, and always load back the "default" setting after I restarted it. Then I checked the new ini folder, and the FSAA was set back to 0 so Precursors always reset the settin files as well. I tried to run it in Administrator mode, antivirus turned off, no difference.
I monitored with process monitor, and find out, that Precursors can find the ini files at "C:\Users\Public\(Public )Documents\Precursors\INI", it can read it but sometimes there is a FAST IO DISALLOWED error (dunno what is this). And if Precursors tries to write these files, after a succes write, there it alway got a FAST IO DISALLOWED error. But I don't think that this is the problem, because Precursors can write the ini files here. Do you have any idea what can be the problem here?

I want to update my last post, Precursors do save some of the settings. Like resolution. But still keep reseting FSAA to 0 and the game difficulty level to Easy. I tried to install the full russian version, patch with Unofficial patch 1.3, and result is the save. I can't save game difficulty and FSAA. :(

I want to update my last post, Precursors do save some of the settings. Like resolution. But still keep reseting FSAA to 0 and the game difficulty level to Easy.

Do you have some Windows 7 file protection active?

Back
Top Bottom