PoE: The White March 2 - Launch in January 2016

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The White March Part 2 will be released in late January 2016:

IRVINE, CA (November 16, 2016): Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that The White March – Part 2, the second expansion to Pillars of Eternity, will be released late January 2016, bringing players back to the snowy borderlands of The Eastern Reach.

The White March – Part 2 adds new content to the Pillars of Eternity universe, including new quests, new abilities, and a new companion: Meneha, the Barbarian. The expansion also offers players a higher level cap, and the new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace. Directed by Josh Sawyer, Game Director of Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, The White March - Part 2 features an expertly crafted story from Eric Fenstermaker, lead writer of Pillars of Eternity and the co-writer of South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Carrie Patel, author of the Recoletta series and writer on the original Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity, created by role-playing game (RPG) veterans also known for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and South Park: The Stick of Truth, is a RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. Created thanks to over 75,000 crowdfunding backers, Pillars of Eternity has sold over 600,000 units, was released to critical acclaim in March 2015, and is #6 on Metacritic’s 15 Best PC Games of 2015. The White March - Part 2 completes the story began in the first expansion, The White March – Part 1, bringing the first epic chapter in the Pillars of Eternity universe to a close.
More information.

^ This. There is a ton patching left to do with both the Original release + WM 1 that I wonder if it will ever get done properly.

The patching that is done now is fine I don't know what people are going on about. I had thought they had made the combat to easy with all the balancing and messing around.

That wasn't it at all, it is your party does what you command now.

The patching that is done now is fine I don't know what people are going on about. I had thought they had made the combat to easy with all the balancing and messing around.

That wasn't it at all, it is your party does what you command now.

Uh, then you need to read the official forums. There are still bugs they haven't touched since its inception and there continues to be bugs even after the latest patch.

Uh, then you need to read the official forums. There are still bugs they haven't touched since its inception and there continues to be bugs even after the latest patch.

I played it on release date, had one major game stopper bug that was patched within the first few days. Other than that nothing that stopped me from enjoying the game.

I have started a replay with patch 2.XX and the most of the path finding seems to be fixed, spells seem to work as casted or when casted. Nothing is perfect and if people are waiting for that with this game I don't think they will ever see it.

@Rills To expect all bugs to be fixed is rather unrealistic. I too played the game on day one and had zero game killing bugs. However, I did hear a lot of whining and moaning. Here. One of these is worse than the other. Your answer is?

I played recently and the pathfinding is still awful. It's the primary reason I can't enjoy combat in dungeons - and it killed my interest in another try. I was actually quite keen on it - until I found myself with a full party in a dungeon.

When I say awful, I mean REALLY awful.

It's not bad in "open world" locations - because there's so much room.

Also, the AI scripts are pretty simplistic and they need to implement more customization for them.

In about 3 years, when the directors cut of the E.E. cut of the game of the year edition, that is focusing in the next gen consoles, will be matured and patched, I'll give it a try.

Well if I let the game play itself with its AI, I will guarantee I will not like it. Just like I didn't like BG/2 and IWD/2 with AI and behaviors. However, if you like to micromanage your party (as I do), and not rely on long pathfinding, you'll have a much less frustrating experience. :)

Well if I let the game play itself with its AI, I will guarantee I will not like it. Just like I didn't like BG/2 and IWD/2 with AI and behaviors. However, if you like to micromanage your party (as I do), and not rely on long pathfinding, you'll have a much less frustrating experience. :)

Why would you let the game play itself? I don't follow.

If you're talking about not taking advantage of AI scripts - then why not just turn it off? The fact that you don't mind babysitting during combat shouldn't stand in the way of the feature being useful and available to those of us who prefer to focus on tactics and only micromanage during harder fights.

Trivial encounters, of which this game has a LOT, is not really that exciting to micromanage, I find.

My problem has nothing to do with "long" pathfinding. It's about having my party members navigate around each other during combat. Since the game is extremely iffy about "engagement zones" - it gets incredibly frustrating when my squishy members keep getting in the way because of awful pathfinding.

But I'd agree that if you actually enjoy micromanaging everything every second - including telling each invididual party member exactly how to avoid bumbing into someone constantly, then it's probably not that big a deal.

I agree with Dartagnan 100% with regards to pathfinding - it's really broken in PoE. Especially if you take your eyes of a character in combat at the wrong time - I died on many occassions because the character did not do as instructed but pathed in some braindead way, or yo-yo'd back and forth (engage/disengage, enagage/disengage…etc) I stil enjoyed the game, but its pathing really is crap.

I'm also finding pathfinding in FO4 to be lacking, especially with Mr Codsworth…I sometimes find him him stuck (as in: where the hell is my backup!?) and have to go behind him and push him past obstacles or through doors :-o…And then there are the times he overshoots and falls through holes in the floor to room below etc…Reninds me of the pathing horrors I found in Gothic 3, when one character could not traverse a dune crest in the desert (seriously) and pathed across half the desert to get back to me.

Yeah, that is how I play. I move each of them individually and make sure pathfinding is not an issue that way. BG 1/2 and IWD 1/2 had the same issue. And I hated that aspect in all of them. Which is why I prefer turned based.

With Deus EX: MD being delayed to August 2016, it seems that my replay of PoE with the full expac is going to be sooner than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom