Wasteland 2 - Brian Fargo Unity 2012 speech and First Footage

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Brian Fargo discusses his experiences in using Kickstarter as well as crowd sourcing knowledge to get Wasteland 2 into production during Unite 2012, which is a gathering of developers who use Unity 3D. During that speech also some first footage of Wasteland 2 is shown as can be found in the next video (for the full speech klick the link).

More information.

Now thats what i call promising !
Looks alot better then i hoped for, even the details on the characters are great.

Looks plenty good to me, too.

Loved the chuckle after "complete top-down".

Still wondering if that scorpitron will stay static or if it'll crawl accross that ditch. If it does... Wow.

Everything Fargo said makes complete sense to me. Wasteland 2 is looking pretty good too!

EDIT: Some of the questions at the end annoy the crap out of me! Especially the one about documenting the process. Brian said that they felt they were already doing that and the question asker couldn't seem to articulate that he was getting at the "documentary" that is being filmed with the Double Fine project. He really demonstrated that he knows very little about what inXile is doing and was almost insulting with his choice of words. Stupid and/or inarticulate questions that waste everyone's time was one of the most frustrating aspects of my college experience.

Last edited:
You know it's kind of a shame. Perhaps nobody in the entire industry has the resume and clout with me that BF does. His speech is full of wonderful anecdotes here and I enjoyed it. It's just a shame he's a slightly nervous public speaker. He plays it with such diffidence that a lot of his jokes fall unnecessarily flat, and he resists eye contact a lot. He'd probably even be propelled by applause through much of the speech if he'd give the jokes more character and give more pauses where needed. Ah well.

It's a really solid speech. Exciting stuff! I'm so excited about kickstarter and Unity both.

Back
Top Bottom