Witcher 3 - GDC Interview @ GamerHubTV

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'm really looking forward to this one. I was never able to get into Witcher 1 or 2 for more than a few hours. But this one might just grab me.

It was easier for me to loose myself in Witcher 1 (easier controls in combat), but I'm going to finish the 2nd one thanks to Total Combat Overhaul mod - I'm not to good with challenging action games. Witcher 3 look definitely like their best game ever.

No fast travel - many are winging about it, but that will force players to explore the world - I'm gonna loose hundreds ad hundreds of hours in it.... I have to buy a new powerful laptop with two strong graphic cards...

Where did you get that they're not implementing fast travel? I was under the impression that there will be fast travel between known locations.
I could have sworn I saw a fast travel scene, with a loading screen, in one of the videos.

Yeah, I think I remember them mentioning that also… You use the signposts on the side of the road for it. I think I remember them highlighting one of those during one of the recent presentations, and the screen prompting "press <button> for fast travel to <city>".

FT is in, and is like in other games - before you're able to FT somewhere, you have to visit it first on foot (or horse).

Well, signposts (as waypoints) are as integrated into the game world as stilt striders posts were.

Also, your horse is going to follow the road if you are on one, so it behave like a in-game faster travel system too.

It's probably best in such a big open-world game. But I liked the way Morrowind handled it (integrated into the world).

Yup. It's a shame we don't see more cleverly-designed systems for fast travel like Morrowind had.

Well, signposts (as waypoints) are as integrated into the game world as stilt striders posts were.

Eh, it's not quite as immersive, though. In my opinion, of course. Morrowind's system is more my style.

Couple observations:

-Such obtrusive and HUGE UI. Way to kill immersion. At least its scale and transparency should be user controllable.
-Unnecessary RECEIVED (in capital, yes), text for when you get experience points. It's distracting.
-Why they are still using controller, instead of KB+Mouse? Even if we excuse the "Shield" advertisement (and its controller), even previous vids were demoed with a controller. Are they not confident of PC controls?

Last edited:
Just a reminder please don't pick on Aditya for his opinions. I would hate to lock this thread like I did the last one earlier this week if it gets out of control again.^^

Can I pick on him for a different reason than his opinions Couch?

Can I pick on him for a different reason than his opinions Couch?
Be my guess just don't turn this thread into another debate with vitriol. The last thread I had to intervene with warnings because it got out of hand very quickly.

I always thought most of you where adults but it seems not sometimes.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom