King's Bounty: Dark Side - Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new game in the King's Bounty series is announced: Dark Side. It brings you not only new races, but this time you can also choose which race you want to play as. Beyond that there appears to be little improvement over the previous versions, but for those who are not tired of King's Bounty, this gives you something new to play.

On the path to the dark side

1C reveals King's Bounty: Dark Side

MOSCOW, Russia - April 22, 2014 - 1C Company is excited to announce the upcoming release of King's Bounty: Dark Side, the next chapter in the award-winning King's Bounty saga.

Time has come to join the Dark Journey to the other side of Teana and visit a mysterious part of the world never before seen by royal bounty hunters.

For the first time in King's Bounty series, players will be able to choose their hero's race as well as class. Become a fearless Orcs warrior, lead and heal your troops as a Demoness, or use dark magic as a fearsome Vampire.

The world is in turmoil. After winning the battle of Tristrem, arrogant elves plunder Orcish villages, desecrate holy shrines, and massacre the innocents. Orc-Baghyr, the greatest living Orc warrior, is forced to flee with a handful of loyal followers. He vows to return with a stronger force and retake his homeland!

Armies of human knights invade the land of Atrixus. A young Demoness named Neoleene, still mourning the death of her royal father, and her small unit of devoted imps is all that stands in the way of the invading horde.

Castle of the ancient Morton clan is threatened by an army of vampire hunters. Young Daert leaves home to seek allies among the other Dark races. All must join him or perish.

Fates of the three heroes are sealed. They come together in the depths of the Black Cave, where many centuries ago races of Light imprisoned Ancient Evil. The heroes exchange vows and share antique artifacts, then gather their armies and march to fight for the very survival of their race. They must unite against the Light or face extinction!

King's Bounty: Dark Side features:

- New companion system (different companions for each character);

- New battle companion;

- New units, artifacts, and rage abilities ;

- Over 100 new quests and 15 new locations

King's Bounty: Dark Side is scheduled to be released in summer 2014.

More information.

I still remember me being clueless and asking here about first two KB games…
And then shy answers that I should give those a try…

A fourth KB game? And more of the same formula?
In my case it's instabuy. Sorry but even after the third game I felt the need for more. It's crazy, but for whatever reason I just can't get enough of it.

Oh. I love this game. Beautiful graphics, interesting plot and turn-based battles make this game one of the best.

In my case it's instabuy. Sorry but even after the third game I felt the need for more. It's crazy, but for whatever reason I just can't get enough of it.
Same here, I prefer the KB series than the HoMM one and will be interesting playing with "evil" characters

I just cannot stomach anymore of this, even if it is really great games, you can only take the concept so far...

KB suits me well. I played each KB games at least 2 times and I'm interested in the next game in serie. It does not have to have a lot of new features. Same old gameplay is fine enough for me. It's really like Civilization for me. I play it from time to time and still don't have enough :)

Yeah, I'll be buying this one for sure. Not sure if I'll grab on day one but most likely first week that it's out. I'm a huge fan of the KB formula.

I just cannot stomach anymore of this, even if it is really great games, you can only take the concept so far…

this, but with less venom

they really need to make some serious changes/updates to get me interested now.

I really, really enjoyed it the first two times but more of the same is not good enough for me anymore.

Playing with evil races from the onset sounds like an interesting idea (they'll have to tweak the paladin I guess) I didn't buy part 3, but this definately sounds different enough that I'd buy it when it goes on sale.

One of the few games that gets away with the milking effect.
Cant wait to play it.

Finally a creative idea! Also Armored Princess has AWESOME FLIGHT MECHANICS!!!
This time can play with the dark side too, not just as idiotic doo-good heroes.

Their first game was addictive with beautiful hand-painted graphics.

Oh so this is an Armoured Princess expansion? Well that is probably my favourite of the games.

Still it would be nice to have proper new King's Bounty.

Daniel.

Not sure some of the images are deefinitely new area.
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/kingsbountydarkside/screenshot-viewer.html?id=298129

and this has warrior of the north symbols (not dragon or rage chest):
(bottom right corner)

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/kingsbountydarkside/screenshot-viewer.html?id=298129

Oh so this is an Armoured Princess expansion? Well that is probably my favourite of the games.

Daniel.

Daniel.

No, this seems to be a new game. But I remember now why I ditched the Armoured Princess. The pet concept was nice. I also liked killing lizards. However the developers botched the lizards hissing sounds and these turned out really annoying unfortunately - lots of these enemies and listening to the lame hissing repeatedly got on my nerves -, if I remember correctly. :(

Same here - These games are very addictive.

Although there was something about Warriors of the North that turned me off. I played for about 80 hours, had a bunch of outstanding quests but no monsters roaming anywhere. I wandered around, couldn't figure out where to go next, and never came back to the game. It remains unfinished. Also, it seemed like there wasn't enough of the "fun" troops in the game, like dragons and whatnot. I was always stocked up with basic archers and fighters.

I loved the KB games, though WotN was a bit of a chore to get through - not sure why it didn't appeal to me as much, and I didn't bother with the Ice and Fire DLC for it. KB is much more appealing to me than the HoMM series. I don't like the city building aspects of it, prefer the exploration and turn based battles of KB.

I plan to pick up the Ice and Fire DLC at some point, it's been patched a couple of times now, and it's down to £7.

Daniel.

I'm with GG in this (well, without so much hatred). I loved the first couple of installments, but the third one being pretty much the same thing as the first two killed it for me. I probably will still buy it, but not on opening day like I bought the first 2. More like, when I can buy it for $10 on a Steam sale.

Back
Top Bottom