What games are you playing now?

I played it when it first came out and it was almost revolutionary. Replayed it last year, but had to download it from an Abandonware site, since while I still have the original floppies, I no longer have a floppy drive!! :)

txa1265, are you running any mods with Oblivion? If so, how many? Just curious.

Knights of the Nine from the retail CD I got on sale for $9.99. That has *all* official downloadable content. That is all.

Corwin - the BAK CD has ~600MB of content, supposedly remastered and enhanced audio and such. And full maps and manuals is always nice.

heh heh I also got KotN for $9.99.
I was curious about the mods because you mentioned those messages you were getting in the dungeon that you shouldn't have been getting. I thought maybe it was due to a conflict between mods.

heh heh I also got KotN for $9.99.
I was curious about the mods because you mentioned those messages you were getting in the dungeon that you shouldn't have been getting. I thought maybe it was due to a conflict between mods.

No - they weren't error messages, just those in-game informational popups that occur occasionally. And it was just that it was jarring *when* they occurred - especially since I've already played. And it is referring to places I've never seen in-game as if I found things there - despite being in a sewer near the prison.

I took a quick walk in Pathologic but decided to give it a break for later.
The game is quite odd and have huge potential but it smells alot like a budget game and lack professional finish.

Still playing Titan Quest with my girlfriend, we are in Crete. I would be too bored to play the game if it wasnt multiplayer which makes it ok.

Waiting for a driverfix for 8800gtx cards to be able to play Runaway 2 and Sanitarium.

When I just want to waste some time I play Space Rangers 2. I am very impressed.

Preparing for Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent, but need some more time for it, probably going to play it on a weekend soon.

giving neurohunter another go after a year of bitterness thanks to JDR13. i was way off on how early on the game i didn't trigger something i should have. since the game has many solutions to quests/getting items i somehow didn't trigger a response with 'kathyrn' only about 10 hours into the game. i went on to play the game for probably another 30+ hours completing most of the story but then needing something from her and was screwed. i'm not nearly as far as i got before but at least i think i'm in the clear this time. a word of caution to anyone playing the game though is save often and be careful what you steal, delete off a computer, or lockpick your way into something or somewhere you probably shouldn't be yet. but i'm having fun with this, to me, top notch 'b' game.

i also played and completed bad day la over last weekend. worth the 8 dollars i payed for it and probably not much more. there are some hilarious, and some extremely over-the-top. if you consider yourself a firm believer in all 'american polices' you probably want to skip this game though you do get to shoot lots of 'terrorists'. but the average person should enjoy it as long as they don't spend more than $10. the demo is a good example of the humour but a bad example of the 'fun'/gameplay factor. the first level and part of the 2nd level are extremely long, tedious, and not very exciting. it gets signifigantly better. here are some screens i took.

from the 'meteor storm' level in hollywood, inside a movie theatre
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/theater1.jpg

some 'signs' inside the airport detention center
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/nailclippers.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/frieswiththat.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/withus.jpg

maning a tank in beverly hills during the "mexican-american revolution" level
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/beverlyhillstank.jpg

and what would a disaster be without zombies
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/zombiebomb.jpg

not a game for kids though, or the politicaly correct. about the most offensive thing, to me, in the game is the main character going to save a baby during the 'earthquake' level and it smelling so bad that he refuses to pick it up and he procedes to 'dropkick' it to his mother...i felt like a moster though when i laughed at what he said.

Well, I bought the full version of FastCrawl and have played a couple of 'fast' games and am on my 2nd 'long' game - quite a bit of difference in the parties and the layouts of the levels ... so far i'd say $20 well spent.

Still waiting for my Mazes of Fate ... it is now somewhere in the megaplex of my work mail structure, which has become impossibly slow of late ...

FastCrawl for me as well. Just finished my first short/easy run and had a great time. $20 well spent indeed!

@curious--Bad Day LA screenshots are pretty funny. They obviously aren't on to the "Graphics Rule" concept.

I'm playing my Christmas list games-pretty hooked on Titan Quest, though it has it's very predictable moments. Also started playing the Hammers of Fate expansion to HOMM5--which some poor loved one paid full price for no doubt. It is way too easy so far(I guess those internet complaints that H5 was "insanely hard" were taken to heart) I usually don't have what it takes to play on Heroic difficulty, but I may have to to keep from going to sleep. Like the dwarves, tho-very nice new faction.
On hold: finishing Wiz8--it's a comfort to know it's there waiting for me;)
NWN2--I'm afraid to take it out of the box, but one of these days....

Woohoo, Fate finally arrived today :) A week late, but it matters not, we have it now :D
So I'm alternating between NWN2 and Fate at the moment.
Hubbie shocked me last week by showing an interest in NWN2, and then installing and playing it. He seems to be having a great time being rude and intimidating as a neutral chaotic Barbarian :)

Well, I was playing Gothic III up until right before Christmas; I had explored almost the entire outside world, did a lot of quests, and started some stuff in Nordmar, then I decided to wait until another patch or until an expansion comes out, as the game was kind of breaking my heart a little. I like it a lot, but it's just not the same as the previous Gothics. It was the little things like not being able to climb and the odd feel of the combat that was depressing me; plus I had been SO very psyched up about it that the little things that bother me about it, which I would probably overlook in any other game, seemed like bitter painful disappointments. Also, my girlfriend is working her way through Gothic II so I'm letting her hog the computer anyway. Oh, and I don't really have any time to play.
I've gotten pretty far into the text adventure "Anchorhead" and I've watched my roomate play the new Legend Of Zelda game on his Wii. Man, I want to play that something fierce! I made up for my envy by loading up Secret of Mana on my SNES and playing that for a while instead. I love that game.
I also log into Dark Ages of Camelot for oh, 5 to 10 minutes once a week or so to make sure my rent is paid and see if any of my guildmates are on... and they aren't. So sad.

Woohoo, Fate finally arrived today :) A week late, but it matters not, we have it now :D
Great news! Love that game!

On the PC I've finished Oblivion: Knights of the Nine, and am now working more on GeneForge 4 and still tooling around in FastCrawl .

On the PSP, I succumbed as I knew I would and got Legend of Heroes III: The Song of the Ocean, and also picked up Sid Meier's Pirates! because they were selling it for $20 ...

I also grabbed Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a cool looking adventure game for the DS ... will play that as time allows, but my top priority is ...

On the GBA, I *finally* got Mazes of Fate ... this is a really cool game in the style of the 'old school' games ... so far it is really nice!

I've gotten pretty far into the text adventure "Anchorhead" and I've watched my roomate play the new Legend Of Zelda game on his Wii. Man, I want to play that something fierce! I made up for my envy by loading up Secret of Mana on my SNES and playing that for a while instead. I love that game.

Zelda: Twilight Princess is every bit as good as it looks. I've been playing it for over a week now and I've loved every minute of it.

This Forum. :D

Final Fantasy VII for the first time since the release. To me the game has not lost any of it's charms.

picked up just cause a few weeks ago for 10 bucks on gogamer and started it up over the weekend. i hadn't been that impressed by the demo but action-adventure games always are a thrill for me though usually i lean more towards the adventure heavy games. but so far i am in love with this game. the world is not only huge and full of life it is probably the most beautiful game i have ever played. no need to book that tropical vacation, just play this game and you'll get your fix. want to go parasailing?; take a helicopter or plain ride up to a volcano?; go diving in the vast coral reefs?; bird watching in the jungles?; or take part in a revolution? this game offers a lot and i only wish it was alt-tab friendly so i could take a harddrive full of screenshots. oh and grappling hooks are better than any weapon in any game...bionic commando anyone? looking forward to the next project by these talented swedes.

Mine came with the bonuspack incuded. :)

Yeah, I noticed that mine came with it too, like after I downloaded the pack! :biggrin:

This game uses so many things from Diablo, even down to the red buttons with the crosses, that I wouldnt consider it a clone. Fate is a full on Diablo tribute.

I couldnt help but notice that the big cat models are almost identical to the big cat models in World of Warcraft too, even down to their ambient breathing animation. Both kinds, the solid purplish one and the white tiger, tusks and all, pretty clear resemblance to the WoW cats

fate09.jpg

I cant believe some of the stuff I was fishing out of a lv17 pond last night. It was these legendary items one after another, I started thinking the game was bugged or something. It was funny in a way, because I needed fish for my pet, I was almost like "another damn legendary item!"

check some of these out (and what theyre worth), these were all caught in like a 10 minute span, no joke-

item1

item2

item3

item4

item5

item6

I went back and fished out a few more a little while later, look at that robe!-

item7

item8

item9

Goes without saying, but I'll say it of course - fishing definitely pays!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom