King's Bounty: Dark Side - Preview @ RPS

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Rock Paper Shotgun takes a look at King's Bounty: Dark Side, which is currently available via Early Access on Steam.

Last week I moaned about not being able to get monsters to work together to destroy humankind. I should have just waited for this week, when King’s Bounty: The Dark Side (or just Dark Side, depending on what you’re reading) gave me the monster team-up of my dreams. Zombies, demons, vampires, orcs, goblins, imps, three-headed dogs, skeletal archers, necromancers, and even dragons, all in the mix, and more importantly all working together for monsterkind.

The monster factions in the world of King’s Bounty are reeling. Elves (goddamn elves!) have invaded the orcs’ homeland, the vampires have been overrun with Van Helsing wannabes, and human knights have laid waste to the kingdom of demons. I’ve chosen to play as the demoness, Neoline, hoping she’ll be a more interesting tactical choice than the orc, who I assume just hits things with a cleaver. And I don’t want to play as a vampire because, I dunno, aren’t we kind of tired of vampires by now?
Thanks Darklord.

More information.

I was like yeah a new review/preview. But this is very old news.
Too bad since the last edition (warrior of the north) was a big let down. So i dont dare to spend money on this one. The game will be released soon, have to wait some more for a new review i guess.

I kept away from Warriors of the North, because balance has been said was ruined. Recently finished Armored Princess orks campaign and looked at more realistic turn based tactical RPGs like HOMM 6 and ilk, but those appeared too colorless and bland, not really good animations compared to Kings Bounty.

This needs a strong v1.0, then patches and user mods, just as Armored Princess Orks got.

I was like yeah a new review/preview. But this is very old news.
Too bad since the last edition (warrior of the north) was a big let down. So i dont dare to spend money on this one. The game will be released soon, have to wait some more for a new review i guess.

Sorry that's my fault, I misread the post date! :blush:

From what I've read over on the Steam forums, this looks very promising. :)

Daniel.

Loved the first one, same with the 2nd, own warriors but haven't played it yet, but I will simply to find out for myself. I'll likely pick up this version as well, at some point, simply because of how much I enjoyed the first and second.

Back
Top Bottom