Two Worlds - Impressions

:) well 8800 GTX isnt the best one around anymore and a Core 2 duo processor isnt state of the art either so thats what i meant

and about my post being helpful ... no it was not :)
but there are some games that have problems even on this system ( in some areas) like Stalker ...

You have a muscle pc but my guess is that vista is slowing it down considerably.

You have a muscle pc but my guess is that vista is slowing it down considerably.

"Considerably" is unlikely with an 88xx card. The DirectX 9 performance of Windows XP and Windows Vista is now nearly equal after nVidia and ATI have finally released better Vista drivers. The difference used to be around 10% in favor of XP and it's only gotten better since January. This is especially true for ATI. It seems like nVidia is struggling harder to close the gap between XP and Vista performance but the 8800 is now performing nearly the same in XP and in Vista (link to article). And that article is two months old already so it's probably gotten even better since then with the 16x.xx drivers from nVidia.

:) well 8800 GTX isnt the best one around anymore and a Core 2 duo processor isnt state of the art either so thats what i meant

Uh.... the Geforce 8800 GTX is the best one around. There might be an Ultra version, but that's just the exact same chip with a slight increase in clock speed.

i know my system is dated... but it does what i need it to(execpt for two worlds,lol) and i dont have money to throw around on a new card those games were given to me. and if i do get another card it wudnt be a 256mb if i was to upgrade i am just going to get a 512mb, such as a x1950 ($140 on newegg) have you ever used the 9550? to those of u who havent used it I think u severly underestimate it. It put my friends nvidia 256mb down like it was an onboard 64mb. But I solved the problem and the game is running great... (1024x768, medium settings) Thanks everyone.

P.S. Not dissing 64mb onboards, if thats all u need than great! I used to use one myself before i got more into gaming...

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer
My Athlon 800 running Win98SE must then be ... The Big Bang ?
what do you play on your computer Alrik? Morrowind? no offense ... just asking i cannot remember on what computer ive been playing the game

What is Alrik?

Uh.... the Geforce 8800 GTX is the best one around. There might be an Ultra version, but that's just the exact same chip with a slight increase in clock speed.

lol yeah .. ive just been checking the shops and it is really not that bad :) i mustve been living in a bubble or something
i have the 320 mb version though

"Considerably" is unlikely with an 88xx card. The DirectX 9 performance of Windows XP and Windows Vista is now nearly equal after nVidia and ATI have finally released better Vista drivers. The difference used to be around 10% in favor of XP and it's only gotten better since January. This is especially true for ATI. It seems like nVidia is struggling harder to close the gap between XP and Vista performance but the 8800 is now performing nearly the same in XP and in Vista (link to article). And that article is two months old already so it's probably gotten even better since then with the 16x.xx drivers from nVidia.

graphical performance is almost on par with XP now
the problem comes with Vistas eating more memory - a 3 gig XP would run as good as a 4 gig vista
and i am not counting the 32 bit vista version problems with memory allocation

what do you play on your computer Alrik? Morrowind? no offense ... just asking i cannot remember on what computer ive been playing the game

No modern games. The most modern game I play with it is Keepsake, a nice game. :) Apart from TOEE.

But still - there are so much older games I'm totally content with that. :)

And since I'm more & more leaning towards what we call here in Germany "building trategy", I don't have any problems with that. :) (Tropico is currently my most favourite game. :) )

I plan to upgrade my PC, though, because of Drakensang. ;)

What is Alrik?

That's me. ;)

Forum names consisting of a first name and a last name are rare, I know. ;)

It's based on The Dark Eye, by the way.
And since it is a common name in Aventuria, you might actually see several Alriks in Drakensang. ;)
Undead ones in this world are called "cold Alriks", by the way. ;)

my bad alrik lol i thought u were a game...say alrik u said ur a german gamer... u like the anno series? i think they are kik-booty....

have any of u tried the ati hd2900 or hd2000 yet?

Since we don't 'know' her, perhaps you'd like to clarify the allusion!!

@kingdumpty, I have two Anno games, but didn't quite get into them. I'll try them out one day again.

Currently I like Tropico more. ;)

But Anno is very popular here in Germany. :)

Seems like germans and italians like the game:

Mega-Gaming
German

85%

NextGame
German

86%

Zocker Heaven (Print)
German

11/12

Ignition
German