KotOR 2 - On Steam

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I'm sure you all know the details. KotOR 2 on Steam.
Five years after the events from the award winning Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic™, the Sith Lords have hunted the Jedi to the edge of extinction and are on the verge of crushing the Old Republic. With the Jedi Order in ruin, the Republic’s only hope is a lone Jedi struggling to reconnect with the Force.
More information.

Who holds the rights ? Still Obsidian ?
I wonder because KOTOR 1 isn't released yet - and it's I think still Bioware/EA who holds these rights.

Took long enough. I actually dug out my disc copy recently with the plan to try the uncut content mod. However, I never played KotoR 1, so I started that instead.. and lost interest. It's weird; it reminds me too much of Mass Effect, which, while good, never super wowed me.

Instead, I've been just bumming around, playin' a bit of this and that. Anyone want to change my mind? Anyone think I should skip right to KotoR II? Or does anyone think FNV deserves a replay, with Project Nevada + all DLC?

Edit:
"I wonder because KOTOR 1 isn't released yet"
KotoR 1 is totally on Steam.

Who holds the rights ? Still Obsidian ?
I wonder because KOTOR 1 isn't released yet - and it's I think still Bioware/EA who holds these rights.
It's Star Wars. What do thing who owns the rights? ;)

It's Star Wars. What do thing who owns the rights? ;)

The all time hack George Lucas who has ruined his own creations and refuses to let others redo them.

Played the first KoTR, was the sequel comparable, worse, better? I liked the original at first, but then it was basically just the same button mashing every time.

-Carn

Played the first KoTR, was the sequel comparable, worse, better? I liked the original at first, but then it was basically just the same button mashing every time.

-Carn

The same but to me I don't care the story is important to me and it delivers with the restoration mod.

-Carn

Same combat, better crafting, better characters (for some, I prefer the KoTOR2 characters)….but without the Restoration mod, the game is incomplete.

Finally! Now I just have to wait for Steam winter sale to buy it for like $4 :)

-Carn

I have only just started the second, but from what I've gathered from the community here and elsewhere, the second is superior, but in it's original form it was unfinished and rougher around the edges -- all in typical Obsidian fashion. With the restored content and patches it's supposed to be great.

So will the restoration mod work with the Steam version?

Didn't we recently discuss the lack of a digital copy? Somebody must be reading these forums!

Anyway, about time. I still have my discs, and they still work, but I prefer digital copies these days. Trying to dig up discs every time I want to play a certain game is quite a chore.

I'll probably grab it the next time I intend to replay KotOR1 + 2.

Back
Top Bottom