RPGWatch - We're Back Again

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We're back again as you can see. Someone pointed us to the fact that there are some areas in our software that can be misused by means of SQL injection, so I took some time to resolve the issue.
Sorry for the downtime.
More information.

Missed you guys. You missed some interesting stuff! Thorvalla gone! Wasteland 2 info! Torment speculation and rights info!

Yeah, I tried the codex too. However, they don't have a nice cozy place setup for us like we do for them.

Yeah! Forum back, but the main site still read as "in maintenance" for me.

Refresh the page. It is probably cached for you.

Yep it was cached.

The site was down? Didn't notice... ;)

Yeah, I tried the codex too. However, they don't have a nice cozy place setup for us like we do for them.

again we should do the gypsy caravan thing from Ultima to join this site.

nice that you got it back so soon. I figured it was a security due to the lack of announcement. I was only worried it would take awhile as you warned.

SQL Inject attacks, a common issue to this day

Wow, is amazing how often this issue with protecting from SQL inject attacks is so often overlooked. Having patched a few sites with this issue, it becomes the first thing I look for when taking on any new dynamic website project. Good to know you've patched yours. I've become quite a fan of your site. I imagine you have people looking after dev stuff but if you ever need a (additional?) hand drop me a line. ( jonahlibster a t g m ail d ot co m ) Here's to more great RPG news….

Last edited:
Well, I was without a comp for a few days - rather unexpectedly at that-, so I totally missed the downtime ...

MUCH better to shut it down and fix it - good move and welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom