Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Tactical

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Dungeon Crawler

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well time for another poll and this time it's," What's Your Favorite RPG Sub-Genre?" I'll provide a small list options, and you have one vote to pick your favorite.

Last edited:
Yes they do exist just checkout Winter Wolves for examples.:p

Link- http://www.winterwolves.com/

It helps to not be an RPG purist snob as some of our members seem to be.:evilgrin:

Which category is Neverwinter? Is that adventure or tactical or Dungeon Crawler or Hack and Slash?

Pick the Action choice on the poll.

I wanted to try something different than using the same old tired choices.:cool:

Anyway this my poll so you guys can vote or just skip it.:evil:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "action" RPG. I prefer RPGs that have it all, basically - and I like exploration more than anything.

The Skyrim and Gothic games are among my favorites - as are hybrids like System Shock 2 and Deus Ex.

Some would call them action RPGs, I guess.

For immersion-based games, I prefer real-time visceral combat that puts me right into the world. But the action in itself is not really what I like about the experience. I like being in the world and being completely absorbed, and RTwP or turn-based combat takes me out of the experience.

Action it is, as I assume that's where Gothic, Skyrim and so on end up. Also, BG1-2 may be tactical, but they're also a bit action-y, so it's pretty much a done deal then.

Action but dark souls, lords of the fallen, skyrim, shadows of mordor action.

Diablo and Diablo clones type action would not only be my least favorite rpg type but one of my least favorite types of games overall.

I will go with strategy if that would mean games like Fall from Heaven or the HoMM series. Have played those type of games as much as true RPG's.

Though I was addicted to the original EQ and played that more then any other game ever I would think.

I voted tactical as well, though I'm pretty much an exploration junkie. I can play hybrids if there is a lot of exploration involved. Deus Ex and such are great.

Can we be allowed to vote for more than one? Action (exploration) + tactical for me.
No as the tech side of the forum poll does not allow us to modify that option. I would have to create another poll in a new thread to change that option.:)

I picked action, but I really wanted to say action, hack-and-slash, JRPG, and tactical...

Back
Top Bottom