RPGWatch - Lords of Xulima Preview

Yep, they are sticking with it. Not sure about other games. I think the spiderweb games also have little buttons which are not highlighted.

1. I think Nausea is counting as disease and can be removed with a Level 24 Cleric Spell.
The Curse can be removed with a level 36 Cleric spell.
It's probably a good idea to…just live with the curse until the cursed dogs are gone and then let the priestess do her work.

2. There is a specific item for each god. It's not random stuff. ;)
But if you want to know the exact items, you can check the steam forums, there are people figuring out what use the special items have: http://steamcommunity.com/app/296570/discussions/0/35221031514450025/#p1

Eek, my guys are level 7 or so ....

Also, I guess, I'll wait till have I more special items then...

One more question:

The last update said that the game is close to final. Will I have to restart after the game is finalised ? Or are the patches compatible with saved games ?

I feel the game is very linear (story-wise), so that I cannot see myself replaying the entire game again...

In theory you will be able to continue your savegame.

But the balancing is still going on and being the kind of game it is (limited loot and limited xp in the game), even small changes may have a huge impact.
Let's just say that food would become 50% cheaper. Then you could have invested the money into skills. This would have made you stronger and have other follow up effects.
Or let's say that - as in the last patches, a class you play gets a new skill. Then you could have put points into it earlier and your whole party would have been stronger the last X levels and so on...

Well, then unless the balancing gets everything in trouble, I would likely keep going forward… I am enjoying the game now and there is a lot of chance I would not play it if I stop now… At least not for the foreseeable future :D

Thanks Kordanor :)

So far all of the updates have been save friendly. These guys really seem to know what they're doing as far as subsystems go.

You lose the XP. For maxing the gain you should kill the Guards first.
Personally I didn't even play that far yet. But that came up in the forums.

You lose the XP. For maxing the gain you should kill the Guards first.
Personally I didn't even play that far yet. But that came up in the forums.

That far? But that's only a couple of hours into the game? At least it was to me. On my second run I actually tried to postpone killing the prince in order to gain the exp from the guards first, but the guards are so damn difficult that I found the task too tedious.

I think the random encounter mechanic is fine, but what I would like is the ability to force random encounters when you want to clear an area, sometimes you have to run around forever to get the next battle. I realize a force option would work against the food mechanic a bit, but I didn't find food to be a problem in the game as long as you don't spend money on potions and whatnot. (Trainer and equipment is where you should put the money, and equipment only if it makes a relevant difference in your killing and/or stopping power).

Beginner tip: Never ever sell the harvest in the first town to the farmer, keep it. Free replenishable food for everyone.

I am talking about the guards outside the castle though ...
I've cleared everything inside it already.

The guards outside are tougher.

Regarding the harvest, I am sometimes quite overburdened so I end up selling some, because I end up having 200 cereal in my bag. It gets quite heavy.

It seems to me that I need to raise the constitution on most of my peeps, because otherwise I can't carry things anymore. Also they now end up dying by archers or sorcerers shooting at my back row.

That far? But that's only a couple of hours into the game? At least it was to me.
Yub. While steam says I played the game for 32h now, I used most of the time for experimenting, doing tests, analyzing skills and whatnot (also with edited data)
Will wait till the game is finished until I invest into the game itself.

I think I have 81 hours on steam. I've been further than Kordanor, but not real deep. Like him, I don't want to ruin the game by too much early access playing. I was just testing the different God-effects to see which builds need which God.

I just dived straight in...

There are tons of things where it would be useful to know all of it, but I'm just trying to have fun.

My job is to analyse things, so I try to avoid doing too much of that when relaxing :D

So, any idea on the XP for the guards outside ?

Okay how far away are we before I can start this game? I started D: OS about 2 weeks before the official release.

Kickstarter Update from 20 minutes ago:
We estimate the official launch of Lords of Xulima for 13th or 14th of November if all goes well.

They are also writing that they did some improvements to the UI @Aubrielle ;)
Here is the link

Now that's what I call a Birthday release …
I will be 46 years old at 14. November 2014 :)

Gads! I gotta see if I can get Skyrim out of my system again before the 14th.

Back
Top Bottom