Witcher 3 - First 15 Minutes @ IGN

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Yeah, let's spoil the best part of the game where everything is still new and amazing with an entire world to discover and you're still getting surprised by stuff. :)

Did not really wanted to watch the video but...too weak.
No spoils really, the guy was just running around frantically.
Although, those first 2 min. was truly great.
Sadly I think I won't be able to play it this year.

You know who won't watch this video ? Me. I prefer to discover the game by myself. This century's most hyped game and you think I'll let them do my job ??????? NO WAY !!!!! :)

Last edited:
I skipped around in it in the other thread. Just stopped in spots for 10 seconds or so to see how the graphics looked. If There was any dialogue I'd skip ahead. No spoilers that way.

Almost hit play but I have waited this long another, hmmm what are 39 days away to seeing it on our own system.

Eh they skipped tutorial at Kaer Morhen and chose nonspoilery conversation options, so it was ok spoiler-wise.

Looks stunning as expected.

I was disappointed to see the character model pop-in. I hope that's a limitation of console performance and can be totally eliminated with a decent PC. I'm pretty flexible about visual quality, but obvious pop-in is a consistent immersion-breaker for me.

I was disappointed to see the character model pop-in. I hope that's a limitation of console performance and can be totally eliminated with a decent PC. I'm pretty flexible about visual quality, but obvious pop-in is a consistent immersion-breaker for me.

The video is confirmed to be captured from a PC. Didn't see any character pop-ins myself, but i'm sure it's there like in all 3D open world games. In for example Skyrim you can edit the .ini to load more of the game world into memory, obviously at really great cost of performance.

Some more news about witcher 3. Seems they're already announcing two expansions for it (Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine). I'm not sure if these are part of the free DLC they advertised (my hunch is they are). The official site is timing-out, so I can't get more info.

No, not free.. http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass

The DLC's are probably not expansions, but smaller packages with extra items, an extra quest etc.

Cool. Sign me up. I've all the confidence in CDPR.

I also have faith in them, but for now I'm holding my horses on this Expansion Pass/Season Pass/<insert_your_custom_name_here> Pass.

1) It's pricey, eh ? Pricey to me, at least! US$ 20.99, wtf ? Sure, I will buy it but at this price, no way. Will have to wait for a GOG Sales.

2) I have both TW1 and TW2 on my GOG library and I couldn't see a loyalty discount.

3) I'm not a marketing expertise but: why hurry now, CDPR ? The first piece will be released on October-2015, the other piece will be released Q1-2016, you does have 16 pieces of free DLC to deliver us… news after news, hype after hype… I just don't know, but sometimes the best way to whet curiosity is hiding something instead of showing it too much! (women can confirm what I'm saying here :D ) As a preorder customer, I really hope CDPR knows what they're doing and I hope the game DELIVERS.

I'm assuming it was showing those prompts only because they were using an Xbox controller. At least I hope so…

I'm almost certain that's the case. That's as common as it gets, except for certain devs which don't get it. Anyways, I've voted with my wallet on the expansion pass. :D

I don't think it looks pretty, looks kind of soulless to me. The interface and feel of the game reminds me of an open-world action game or something. Maybe like Just Cause 2 or whatever that game is called. And for the record, I'm watching on a 32" 1080p LCD screen in 1080p60.

The combat also made me dizzy. All the rolling and over-the-top camera movement is atrocious.

Not really understanding the hype for this one and for CD Projekt Red in general. To each their own, as they say. :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom