Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance - New Add-on

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
If all goes well a new expansion to Divinity 2 named Flames of Vengeance will be announced tomorrow by DTP. Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke confirmed the announcement and the expansion at their forums.
As mentioned in their forums some information and screenshots can be found Gamer.ru and on Ag.ru. All information is in the Russian language, so I don't have a clue what it says but apparently this is a list of features:

• 15 hours of gameplay
  • many optional quests
  • mindreading is more important and is needed to complete at least some quests
  • interesting non-combat oriented quests (e.g. in one quest you're supposed to give a theatrical performance)
  • better interface
  • better AI
  • better graphics (DirectX 11 support)
  • you will be able to export your character from the original Divinity 2 or start a new one
  • skill trees will be expanded
More information.

meh! i say...

well...not really something im looking forward to.

lets hope it will be cheap so i can take a look, without wasting too much money.

I wonder if it'll be more like the first half of the game or more like the second half. People seem to like the first much more than the second.

Sounds stand alone, should have been more like, Night of the Raven.

Directx 11, what that's for like 20% of the gaming population?

Really good money spent there I bet it even runs better, too! /snark

Hmmm, I hope I haven't lost my previous save games somehow :p

About "I hope it's more like the first part than the second part" : I think it's not the dragon part that's problematic, but the complete change of scenery.

You go from a classic rural/forest landscape, with its classic dungeons, to an entirely differant cliff enviroment. If they would have stuck with the same type of landscape it wouldn't have been "so bad" if you ask me. *HINT* (I know you're reading this, Larian Studios) *HINT*

Looking forward to it myself.

Count me interested! I only wonder if this will be a standalone and if it will take place during the original storyline or after... Interesting...

Looking forward to it. Wonder if they will continue the interesting story from Div 2? I hope so, I'm itching for payback.

Sounds stand alone, should have been more like, Night of the Raven.

Directx 11, what that's for like 20% of the gaming population?

Really good money spent there I bet it even runs better, too! /snark

Well, most gamers I know are now running some version of Win 7; isn't that DirectX 11 (seriously, I'm not sure that all version have it)?

Well, most gamers I know are now running some version of Win 7; isn't that DirectX 11 (seriously, I'm not sure that all version have it)?

I do belive that you also need a grafic card that can run it, my own GF8800gt can only go as far as 10.0, but as the difrend aint that big I don't going to upgrade.

I'm not interested in any more play as the dragon gaming. At least, not how Larian implemented it. I'm VERY interested in more hours of their dungeon exploration and character building. These are wonderful aspects of the game. I'm really not interested in high level skills either. It'd be fine for the game to be low-level oriented in my book.

my own GF8800gt can only go as far as 10.0, but as the difrend aint that big I don't going to upgrade.

Personally, I'm pretty excited about DirectX 11 hardware. Once this becomes mainstream (and it has a better chance than DirectX 10 had), some amazing new things should be possible. Apart from a few enhancements that can increase performance, stuff like the compute shaders and texelation are pretty awesome. But oh, well.

GREAT News! :) I haven't started Divinity 2 yet, but it is waiting for me on the shelve and I bet I'm gonna love th expansion aswell!
It might not be the most polished game, but it is Larian title and deserves true attention. :)

Cheers!

Superb!

I'm playing Divinity 2 and enjoying it much. 15 hours is a bit few though.

Once this becomes mainstream (and it has a better chance than DirectX 10 had), some amazing new things should be possible.

Which means all kinds of folks are upgrading, then.
From Win Experience Points to Seven, for example.

What do you work at some business, where the office upgraded everyone? Iirc, Steam users (which I usually think of as a good average) are not anywhere near MOST, think it's about 30%. Though many gamers don't belong to Steam and on average if you want your game to SELL, you offer it to the most populated sectors. Not to mention, regardless whether it is affecting you or not, there is a worldwide recession currently with the possibility of WHOLE countries going bankrupt.

For example here in the US most economists conservative, moderate and liberal pretty much agree we only have a 50% chance escape a terrible crisis in the second half of the year. Whether you understand economics or not that's not a really good position to be in, actually it will affect the whole world.

I say it was money poorly spent, directx 11 is mostly effect based lighting which is not Larian's strong point, afaik from playing DD2. I do like the game very much, but it's clear they spend too much time concerned with graphics instead of stability, gameplay and Q&A.

What do you work at some business, where the office upgraded everyone? Iirc, Steam users (which I usually think of as a good average) are not anywhere near MOST, think it's about 30%. Though many gamers don't belong to Steam and on average if you want your game to SELL, you offer it to the most populated sectors. Not to mention, regardless whether it is affecting you or not, there is a worldwide recession currently with the possibility of WHOLE countries going bankrupt.

For example here in the US most economists conservative, moderate and liberal pretty much agree we only have a 50% chance escape a terrible crisis in the second half of the year. Whether you understand economics or not that's not a really good position to be in, actually it will affect the whole world.

I say it was money poorly spent, directx 11 is mostly effect based lighting which is not Larian's strong point, afaik from playing DD2. I do like the game very much, but it's clear they spend too much time concerned with graphics instead of stability, gameplay and Q&A.

With all due respect, Directx11 is not simply new eye candy, its a much easier to work API (from the dev POV) and companies are starting to understand that.

Dont forget that you can have an engine that is primarily DX10 and have some DX11 effects blended in and that isnt a monumental task. Also dont forget that even games like metro 2033 that are in DX11 still work in machines that only have DX9 and DX10, so you dont realy lose customers for adopting DX11 "extensions" on your game.

So you have an easier to program/use API, not realy much costs involved in its implementation and you won't ruin your customer base, so whats there to lose in implementing DX11 code that is even future proof in case you want to migrate your engine towards a possible sequel?

Its a win/win situation imho.

I liked the cliff area and switching between dragon and human as much as the first foresty village type area. I thought the cliff area was innovative. The tower was neat too. What I didn't like was the strictly dragon areas which were constant tedious flying combat. I guess it's the final hours that I really didn't like, not so much the second half.

Back
Top Bottom