WAR Online - Get to da Choppa

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Gamespy & IGN do a crossover of articles for Warhammer Online's new classes.
The Choppa, of course, is returning to Warhammer Online with an Order counterpart, the Dwarf Slayer (check out IGN's take on the Slayer). That seems to have put extra incentive on the developers at Mythic to make the Orc career just as entertaining and attractive for players. When I logged in to my Orc Choppa ("Ginsu") on the game's test server, I jumped right into some of the initial area quests and leaped into a few PvP scenarios and tried to get a handle on how the class plays. That meant learning how to go berserk in a calm and reasonable fashion.

As with the rest of the classes in Warhammer Online, the Choppa is built around a combat-driven mechanic that is used to both fuel special powers and impart special bonuses to the player. This is partly to encourage players to get in and mix it up with opponents, an understandable dynamic in a game built around a PvP core. Mostly though it's a way to mix up the classic turn-based/cooldown MMO combat system and make it feel less stately and more dynamic.

In the Choppa's case, this mechanic is called "Berserk," and is a running meter that slowly fills up as the player fights. When the meter is about 50% full, the Choppa is considered "furious," and it imparts a significant bonus to the damage output of the Orc and fuels low-level special abilities. Should the Berserk meter get all the way up into the red zone, however, the Orc is now considered "fully berserk," and gets a significant damage bonus along with an equally impressive debuff to defense.
More information.

Warhammer, Age of Conan, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa...

All these expensive AAA titles scraping by. I don't see how there can be any newsbits about these games in a year from now.

The 2000's will be known as the Massively Multiplayer Vapor Decade. So many. So many MMOs have come and gone this decade and the money keeps getting pumped into it. It's pure folly. It's a debacle.

Just wanted to say, for those who didn't get it, the line "Get to da Choppa" is from the first Predator movie, a line said by Arnold Schwarzenegger. :) Actually, he says "Run! Get to the Choppa!"

Just wanted to say, for those who didn't get it, the line "Get to da Choppa" is from the first Predator movie, a line said by Arnold Schwarzenegger. :) Actually, he says "Run! Get to the Choppa!"

I think he's still saying that as Governor of California.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom