The Mandate - Post-Funding Update #47

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Perihelion Interactive posted the next post-funding update for The Mandate last week.

In this update we are going to cover the game flow, show how we are building star bases, discuss ship deck plans (both frigate and destroyer) and last but not least talk about the backer pledge templates.

IMPORTANT: On the 31st of March 2015 we will lock down the ability to pledge for or upgrade to backer design tiers. This will be your final chance to upgrade existing pledges or purchase new ones. See the end of this update for further details.
More information.

They have made a contract with a publisher/investor to fund the project as a whole with its stretch goals, and hence the delay in the release. This was in one of their updates (and on rpgwatch news).

I'm still not entirely sure what I will get from this one when it finally releases. I have kickstarted and like to read the really good updates they give.

What excited me about this project is the idea of being the captain of a space ship where you actually command troops into boarding missions (real time isometric view combat) and space battles (on spaceship level), manage troops, ship, resources, economy systems ..etc.

I like to think of it as mount & blade in space with isometric view.

When are they expecting to hit beta?
Unfortunately the game was delayed as the developer found a new investor/publisher called Eurovideo to help make the game better to their original idea.

The December update had the information, and new dates for release.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1090966
What is also important is that the guys understand both the type of game experience we are aiming for and also what we are NOT aiming for, e.g. on-the-rails free-2-play shooter with micro-transactions. Eurovideo sees the potential in The Mandate and wants to help us realize the game’s full potential. So what are the implications of this deal?
  • Eurovideo will invest to ensure the development of The Mandate
  • Perihelion Interactive will have full creative control. Full stop. We will execute the original game concept as we presented to you in the Kickstarter and will follow our vision without any intervention from Eurovideo
  • Eurovideo will handle all marketing, PR and distribution activities
  • Perihelion Interactive will interact with existing & new backers and release regular updates. There will be no changes here
  • Perihelion Interactive will retain full control over backer pledges
  • Eurovideo will handle all localization in cooperation with Perihelion Interactive
  • We can now guarantee that The Mandate will be localized into German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian (other languages to be discussed)
  • Both the English and German versions will be voiced (other languages to be discussed)
  • The development team will grow due to this investment and as a result we can pack more content and more hours of fun into the game
  • The soundtrack will be 120 minutes instead of 60 minutes and the size of the orchestra will double
How does the road ahead look like with the additional funding? First of all we will now start to staff up the development team. At its peak the team will consist of around 30 developers with a combined AAA experience of 100+ years. The additional funding allows us to bring onboard several veteran developers who are both friends and former co-workers. This will reduce risk and ensure that The Mandate is a great game at release.

Furthermore, we will differentiate in our timeline between the feature Alpha, feature Beta and Content Beta. Whereas the first two relate to the specific features of the game the latter is about the content (quests, factions, ships etc) which are made with our tools [remember the discussion above about our tool chain and object actor model].

Feature Alpha: Q3 2015 (early)
Feature Beta: Q3 2015 (late)
Content Beta: Q4 2015
Launch: Q1 2016

It's funny I didn't even know that as a backer:p I get too many emails:(

Back
Top Bottom