Sorcerer King - Dev Stream & Beta Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Stardock posted the next development stream for Sorcerer King this week.

Designer Scott Tykoski gives a preview of Beta 5.
They also released new beta version on Steam.

Among (many) other things, Beta 5 includes:

• Remnant Champions – Earn the loyalty of these powerful, unique heroes by completing their faction’s hand-crafted questline
  • Quest system overhaul – More, better rewards and additional multi-step quests added
  • End-game stats – Get more detail on what went right, and what went horribly wrong
  • Balance, polish, bug fixes – Overall experience is hugely improved with latest patch
View the full patch notes here.
More information.

This game looks really cool, but it's giving me a strong Fallen Enchantress vibe. I liked FE enough, I guess, but I hope it's not just a carbon copy.

This game looks really cool, but it's giving me a strong Fallen Enchantress vibe. I liked FE enough, I guess, but I hope it's not just a carbon copy.

The whole game play is different. I think you are going off visuals.

I'm very interested in this one because I really like the idea of a more story oriented asymetrical strategy game. I've kind of gotten burnt out on traditional 4x strategy games where all players start out equal in their little corners of their world and expand. Too often due to bad AI there just isn't any payoff after all that time invested into expanding.

The graphics make me think it's an expansion to FE, but I know it's very different. Strangely the developers have said that they didn't realize how similar it looked to FE while they were making it, but it seems glaringly obvious to me.

Back
Top Bottom