Elder Scrolls Online - Choose Your Hero

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OXM has a new article for the Elder Scrolls Online showing us all the playable races you can choose to play.
The nine playable races of The Elder Scrolls Online are split into three warring factions - the Daggerfall Covenant, the Aldmeri Dominion and the Ebonheart Pact. Each individual race possesses its own innate skills and abilities, and it's important to choose the right one for your preferred style of play.

Here's a bit of backstory on each of TESO's playable races, and recommendations as to which of the four character classes they'd be best suited to (if you've played prior Elder Scrolls games, of course, you should have a fair sense of things already).
More information.

Tamriel has a race problem, and the only solution is for all the races to integrate and intermarry - but ONLY in High Rock and Skyrim. Morrowind for the Dunmer, Hammerfell for the Redguard, Orsinium for the Orcs, Sumerset Isle for the Altmer, etc., but High Rock and Skyrim for EVERYBODY. Any Breton or Nord who objects to this, or refers to it as ethnic cleansing or genocide, are clearly Tamriel's equivalent of "evil nazi racists". ;)

^ what?

I mean, I get that you're doing a parody of the fan wank about Skyrim's civil war, but how is what you're saying even a reflection of … ok whatever, never mind.

Anyway, I came here to say it's unfortunate that judging from the concept art here they are prettying up the elves for the MMO version. One of the better things about the design in TES is how they've always made the elves look a little uncanny and offputting, rather than a race of teen models.

So if I want to be a bosmer I have to be Aldmeri Dominion? Oh well. I like being a nord warrior as well.

I'm really looking forward to this game, probably more so than any of the other next gen titles I've heard about.

Yeah why can't I be a lone adventurer and just choose my starting location. Many mmorpgs just let you choose your faction/starting area rather then restrict which you are in by race and I would rather have it like that.

^ what?

I mean, I get that you're doing a parody of the fan wank about Skyrim's civil war, but how is what you're saying even a reflection of … ok whatever, never mind.

I was using the Elder Scrolls as an analogy of reality, with Bretons and Nords representing Europeans. Asia is for the Asians, Africa is for the Africans, etc., but Europe is for some reason for everyone… and Europeans who want to preserve their own people and culture are branded as all kinds of vicious slurs. But yes, nevermind, I wanted that to be a subtle analogy but it apparently didn't work.

Yeah why can't I be a lone adventurer and just choose my starting location. Many mmorpgs just let you choose your faction/starting area rather then restrict which you are in by race and I would rather have it like that.

I think it should be possible, but if you for example choose to play a Bosmer and start out in Morrowind, the first thing you should see should be a group of Dunmer saying "Look, a Bosmer, report it to the authorities so it can be placed in an internment camp"… then you could stand around in the camp until you grew bored. Likewise with other races starting out in enemy territory. That would punish the player for making bad decisions… like a 'human soul' choosing to play a Japanese in the U.S. during WWII. ;)

I was using the Elder Scrolls as an analogy of reality, with Bretons and Nords representing Europeans. Asia is for the Asians, Africa is for the Africans, etc., but Europe is for some reason for everyone… and Europeans who want to preserve their own people and culture are branded as all kinds of vicious slurs. But yes, nevermind, I wanted that to be a subtle analogy but it apparently didn't work.

Hoookay, so you were trolling.

Hoookay, so you were trolling.

I'm Norwegian; trolls are the sworn enemies of my people. We all start out with the "Favored Enemy: Trolls" feat (yes, the universe is governed by AD&D principles).

I'm not sure what race I'll pick in the start, but I have narrowed it down:

Ebonheart:
- Nord (melee)
- Dunmer (caster, or maybe a hybrid, not sure if that'll be viable in terms of min/max)

Daggerfall:
- Orc (melee)
- Breton (caster)

Most likely a Nord Rogue for my main character.

Back
Top Bottom