Fallout: New Vegas - Review @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first full Fallout: New Vegas review is out and it's a highly positive one from Eurogamer. Some carry-over issues are noted with the aging tech but, overall, the score of 9/10 speaks for itself. An early general snip:
New Vegas may jump across America for its setting, and forward several years in the timeline, but it's a seamless continuation of what Bethesda set in motion in 2008 with Fallout 3. And you can put aside any concerns regarding the decision to hand over to Obsidian for development duties on this spin-off; while the studio stumbled with its fun-but-flawed espionage RPG, Alpha Protocol, there are enough former Black Isle people still roaming its halls to make New Vegas feel authentic, right down to the last detail. In fact, those who felt Fallout 3 deviated too far from the series' role-playing roots may even find they nod appreciatively at some of the deeper elements New Vegas reintroduces.
Obsidian could have restricted its ambition to inheriting Bethesda's game engine and turning out more of the same, and most of Fallout 3's sizeable fanbase would have been quite happy. That it's gone to the trouble of developing both the series' narrative and it gameplay mechanics speaks highly of the studio's attention to detail.
More information.

Sounds better than I expected to be honest. I honestly didn't have a lot of faith in the hardcore mode, but now it sounds like something I have to try out - I like the idea of playing it smart instead of simply putting a few more bullets into something/someone.

Hopefully I can grab this on Friday, so I can play it during the weekend.

Sounds awesome. Why, oh why do I have so little time and so many games that I want to play.

I am pretty optimistic about this game. With Obsidian as the developer, I think it could be very good. However, seeing as Dan Whitehead is the reviewer who originally gave Risen 4/10, I will not be taking his word for it.

Kay

Sounds good, hope they are right. FO3 was already not bad in my book, and this sounds significantly better.
I guess with this and the likely safe-seller Dungeon siege 3, I suppose Obsidian will survive their Alpha Protocol disaster. Which I guess already makes them more successful than Troika. Which sequel will be next :eek::thinking:

I am pretty optimistic about this game. With Obsidian as the developer, I think it could be very good. However, seeing as Dan Whitehead is the reviewer who originally gave Risen 4/10, I will not be taking his word for it.

Kay

My point exactly, since that blasphemy of a review i'm not taking them too seriously, not to mention some of their recent 'reviews'...

Still, it realy seems it is a good game, we will see soon enough.

My point exactly, since that blasphemy of a review i'm not taking them too seriously, not to mention some of their recent 'reviews'…

Still, it realy seems it is a good game, we will see soon enough.

Damn!

And I was really getting excited about good review :(

Oh well. How bad can the game be ?
Its Obsidian game! I even loved Alpha Protocol :)

Sounds good, hope they are right. FO3 was already not bad in my book, and this sounds significantly better.
I guess with this and the likely safe-seller Dungeon siege 3, I suppose Obsidian will survive their Alpha Protocol disaster. Which I guess already makes them more successful than Troika. Which sequel will be next :eek::thinking:

Dragon Age 3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom