Wasteland 2 - Official Site, Forums Launched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
InXile has launched an official site for Wasteland 2 and also forums. The site is basically a splash page with a blog behind it and here's a snip from Brian Fargo's inaugural post:
First off, I’d like to welcome you to the development forum for Wasteland 2… after all, it’s because of you that we are even here right now. I’ve been wanting to get back to this franchise for over 20 years and the entire reason Fallout exists today is because I was unable to make a sequel back in the day, and after I cleared up the legal issues we were not able to get publishers excited unless it was a potential “billion dollar franchise” or they just didn’t want the kind of gameplay experience that classic role playing games offered. It was frustrating!
Fortunately, we are in a different era with thanks to fan based funding and digital distribution. We have a chance to move the power back to the developers, allowing us to make genres of games that publishers just would not support. I had completely given up on making a Wasteland sequel until just recently, and I can tell you the last few weeks have been a blast re-connecting with the fans and working on designs. It reminds me of why I was excited about the games business to begin with.
Thanks, Avantenor!
More information.

It would be great to see everyone that has joined the team, get that old passion back. Remind them of why they loved to play, and want to make, games in the first place. I gotta say, I'm kind of envious.

Forums don't give me much hope.
A couple of posts that caught my eye were "Realistic Economy" and "Destructable environment". Have these people even played Wasteland?

Forums don't give me much hope.
A couple of posts that caught my eye were "Realistic Economy" and "Destructable environment". Have these people even played Wasteland?

It's obvious the game is going to expand upon the original game in some ways, realistic economy sounds good.. but yeah, some of the things people mention are pretty dumb and are probably out of scope considering it probably wont be a very high budget game.

Cautiously hopeful about this, even if the latest inteview on Codex with Stackpole wasn't the most reassuring (but wasn't all doom and gloom either). I can sort of see where he's coming from and understand the pressures on them and the difficulties of making a sequel to Wasteland nowdays, but still there was something about the interview that made me a bit worried. Oh well, too early to tell yet. Still cautiously hopeful, nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom