Steam - Memoria Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that Daedalic Entertainment's Memoria is now available for 10% off.

Memoria is Now Available on Steam and 10% Off!

Two stories, two main characters, one epic experience: in Memoria, players travel through different time periods, while following two distinct protagonists: Sadja, a southern princess who wants to be a war hero, and Geron, a bird catcher who wants to lift a curse from his girlfriend. The game combines point & click gameplay with unique magic skills.

Sadja, a Southern princess, has an unstoppable desire to become the greatest hero in history – by joining and succeeding in the biggest war Aventuria has ever seen: The war of the Mages, fought in the middle of an uninhabitable desert.
Bird catcher Geron lives almost 450 years after the Great War. Geron’s eternal love, Nuri, has been turned into a crow by an evil curse. To give her back her human form, Geron needs the help of the mysterious merchant Fahi, who has magical powers. But Fahi is only willing to help Geron if he agrees to solve a puzzle which Fahi has seen in his dreams. The quest for answers soon leads to a chain of events that connects both Sadja's and Geron's stories, threatening to turn the present into a grim reflection of a long forgotten past.

Memoria combines classic point & click adventure gameplay with the features of The Dark Eye, one of the most successful RPG universes known in the fantasy world. Point & click adventure game puzzles get a unique twist by adding magical features – and a wise, talking staff. Over eight chapters, players control both Sadja’s and Geron’s fates, involuntarily interacting with each other and bridging over 500 years of time. Each chapter in Memoria features opulent graphics, epic locations, a thrilling fantasy crime story and a unique puzzle design that differs from chapter to chapter.
More information.

Huh ? It's only for a few weeks ? days ? out and so soon there is a rebate ??? How crazy is that ???

Pretty much every Steam game gets a small discount at release, to attract early buyers.

I like the screenshots I see on Steam, nice art style. Can't really make heads or tails of the gameplay based on the quick glance I gave it, but it's one I'll have to give a try at some point.

The gameplay is standard point & click adventure stuff. Very conservative ... because that's what the target audience insists on.

Many German reviews are out, btw. Average score so far 8.6/10. That's very good for an adventure. Every article I've seen says Memoria is slightly better than Chains of Satinav.

The gameplay is standard point & click adventure stuff. Very conservative … because that's what the target audience insists on.

Yes, maybe it is. And maybe we as the target audience, myself included, have played other adventure games which didn't have the point & click interface such as oh, say: The Longest Journey: Dreamfall, Project Fahrenheit and many more such games.

However, most adventure games buffs have come to know & love the Sherlock Holmes games, they are rendered? (sorry, I'm not into the tech stuff) in 3D, meaning that you can look around, do a 360 degree spin etc. etc. The environments look great. And the slideshows where you moved from one screen to another after the next screen are gone in most adventure games these days.

Another improvement which caused much stir in the adventure game world as the addition of a) a help button and b) the ability to press spacebar to view all the hotpots.

What hasn't much a stir, though, is the fact that Frogwares churns out Hidden Object Games for its Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie franchise, probably because the adventure game (target) audience is little bit older than other gamers - and thus knows the advantage of gaining money to make the games you really want to make. At least that's what I've observed.

Yes, maybe it is. And maybe we as the target audience, myself included, have played other adventure games which didn't have the point & click interface such as oh, say: The Longest Journey: Dreamfall, Project Fahrenheit and many more such games.

Funny that you mention Dreamfall - is anyone here interested in an specimen in - seelingly - Dutch language ? I found one today in a second-hand store. (didn't buy it).

Memoria is "hand-drawn", by the way. In adventure gamers circles, this is considered as a sign of quality.

This looks like a straight adventure game to me. Are there RPGs elements that I'm not seeing?

*Edit* Nevermind. I didn't realize this was a Dark Eye game.

No. It's The Dark Eye, but that's not an RPG element.

Again, GMG has it Steaming 25% off and in $ :)

Yeah, but much cheaper at the end :)
Depends like Gorath said it's actually more expensive, and not available in some countries.

It's still the better deal though for everybody else. The reason it's cheaper is GMG buys keys in bulk, and sells them for less.

Well, yes, wasn't aware of that.

By the way, the game looks and plays much better than Chains of Satinav, they even went ahead and made their 3D characters made with painted textures breathe :)

I find it interesting that Adventure Shop, Green Man Gaming and Steam are all holding a sale for this game at the same time.

I'm also an adventure fan so this deluge of "sales" just gives me more options.

The review average just increased to 8.9/10 because the print mag ComputerBildSpiele gave it a 1.5, which equals a medium strength "A" school grade, and Eurogamer Germany thinks it deserves a 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom