Deus Ex & Mass Effect 4 at E3

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamingbolt has news that a watchable trailer for the new Deus Ex & Mass Effect will be shown at E3 this June. So fingers crossed as it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Link- http://gamingbolt.com/next-gen-deus...lay-trailer-to-be-revealed-at-e3-2014-insider

Take this all with a grain of salt – because plans can and do change all the time – but if industry insider Ahsan Rasheed is to be believed, E3 2014 is going to be packed with tons of AAA reveals.

The insider, also famously known on NeoGAF as “thuway”, started by tweeting, “Ugh just found out some things I can’t talk about :(. Next gen Deus Ex shown off at E3 though, supposedly.”

He also said that Mass Effect 4 would be there but “It’s not going to be called Mass Effect 4 – its going to be Mass Effect: _ _ _ _ _ _ _”. Note those seven spaces and try to figure out what it’ll be called.

But that’s not all. “Oh and Uncharted was internally shown alongside the ‘Project Beast’ leak that surfaced.” Project Beast is supposedly a PS4-exclusive title developed by From Software of Dark Souls fame in association with Sony. It’s also billed to appear at E3.

I'd consider turning homosexual for a new DE on the same level as DE:HR.

Dunno about DX but a few days ago many sites wrote that someone from Bioware or EA said Mass Effect 4 is already half done.
It still doesn't mean it'll be officially shown on E3. And EA won't say anything because the current focus is on DA:I.

Oh and 7 letters title? One word instantly crossed my mind.
MILKING.

But that’s not all. “Oh and Uncharted was internally shown alongside the ‘Project Beast’ leak that surfaced.” Project Beast is supposedly a PS4-exclusive title developed by From Software of Dark Souls fame in association with Sony. It’s also billed to appear at E3.

To be honest, I'm more excited about those titles than another Mass Effect game. I might have to start considering a PS4 before long.

I've tried hard to conjure up a reason to get a PS4, but it's a struggle. So far, there's literally not a single game that appeals to me that's also exclusive to it.

It would be a no-brainer if it was backwards compatible. I think Sony shot themselves in the foot there. Every single person I've spoken to has mentioned that as the primary reason for not getting one yet. It's certainly the reason I haven't purchased one.

That would help, certainly, but since I can count on one hand the games I've played and truly enjoyed on my PS3 - that's not really enough.

I don't need more than a single exclusive title that I couldn't do without - but AFAIK, there's not even such a game in development.

It doesn't help that my PC at the launch of this gen feels significantly more powerful and multiplatform games actually reflect that. That was never the case in the past, so there's absolutely no advantage to playing the same game on a console today.

Not to me, anyway.

I was thinking of full backwards compatibility with all previous Playstation games not just PS3 games. Like the way that the first generation of PS3s could play PS1 and PS2 games.

Although that would obviously be asking a lot and would probably be prohibitively expensive.

I was thinking of full backwards compatibility with all previous Playstation games not just PS3 games. Like the way that the first generation of PS3s could play PS1 and PS2 games.

Although that would obviously be asking a lot and would probably be prohibitively expensive.

Yeah, I doubt that's feasible given the entirely new architecture.

But the best PS2 emulators are getting to a stage where you can play the majority of games with few issues. I believe the best is called PCSX2 - and you can play in high resolution with your gamepad and enjoy advantages like saving memory states, so you load games instantly and don't have to rely on checkpoints.

That said, I generally can't enjoy games that old - as I was never much of a console gamer, and I'd struggle with the limitations of such titles.

Deus Ex: HR is a very nice game, hope the next one maintains the quality (except for that damn boss battles, not played the DC version to see if really is improved now)

I've never played a Mass Effect game, but I'm excited about Deus Ex too.

I tried ME 1 but couldnt get into it so never tried the rest. DE:HR was the first in that series I had played and I liked it quite a bit. I wouldn't mind another one at all.

Is there any information about the new DE concerning gameplay? What I didn't like about HR was the quite closed world with mission-style maps.

As much as I didn't mind DX:HR, I wasn't really that impressed with what it did technologically within the game as per its setting. For instance I felt the hacking mini-game was far too easy once mastered and the use of email as a game-play and narrative element was perhaps too limited and not as interestingly handled as in both the original game and in RPGs such as Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and even Alpha Protocol, which had far more role-playing opportunities and outcomes simply based upon the tone of your responses to in-game email.

Last edited:
As much as I didn't mind DX:HR, I wasn't really that impressed with what it did technologically within the game as per its setting. For instance I felt the hacking mini-game was far too easy once mastered and the use of email as a game-play and narrative element was perhaps too limited and not as interestingly handled as in the both the original game and in RPGs such as Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and even Alpha Protocol, which had far more role-playing opportunities simply based upon the tone of your responses to in-game email.

I agree that the e-mail aspect of the game wasn't as fully realised as one might have hoped, and they recycled too many messages - but I still think it's one of the most elaborate implementations I've seen of such a system. It felt realistic, which helped my immersion a lot. I mean, how exciting would it be to read e-mails at random terminals in a real world? I'd be bored at the first Outlook account at my place of work, that's for sure :)

The hacking system is one of the best I've seen, and the only real problem I had with it was the way they rewarded you more for hacking than finding the password. In my opinion, the rewards for hacking should have been centralized at the security stations - and you shouldn't have felt obligated to hack every single trivial terminal for extra rewards. That made it seem more like work towards the end of the game.

My biggest problem with the game was the energy system and the over-abundance of Praxis points. Towards the latter half of the game, you essentially had all the cool toys - and there's no incentive to replay to try out something else.

Beyond that, I think it's a mistake to reward more for stealth gameplay than other kinds of gameplay - because it removes the incentive to play around once in a while.

But, with all that said, most if not all the separate gameplay systems in HR are superior to the past games in the series. Well, I think so. The skill system in DE was simplistic and obvious - you just picked your weapon and decided which kind of system you'd want to deal with first. No interesting choices. The stealth system was inferior and you could easily hide in front of people at a distance. Hacking was about pushing a button and waiting. Combat was clunky and awkward. The only system I prefer from the old game is the augmentation system where you have to choose between two distinct powers each time. HR messed that up somewhat.

So, while I recognise the flaws, I still have to consider it the best of the series. Also, I think the atmosphere, level design, and story delivery are FAR ahead of the other games - and I still struggle to understand why people are calling the levels small and enclosed. Sure, they're not vast empty spaces like in the first game, but how many REALLY prefer that when they think about it?

Back
Top Bottom