Age of Wonders 3 - Golden Realms Expansion

Strong words their Dart as a lot of games claim to be the next Master of Magic, and fail every time. It's a self-fulfilling curse most of the time.

I really have to stop getting my hopes up.:disappointed:

This, I think we need to stop hoping.

The guys at Simtex and studios like Microprose were just teams of incredibly brilliant computer engineers at the very top of their game. I don't think anyone can ever best their work or approach their pedigree and incredible vision.

I know there is someone who made a patch to improve Master of Magic's AI (although not its pathfinding), so it's probably your best bet.

This, I think we need to stop hoping.

The guys at Simtex and studios like Microprose were just teams of incredibly brilliant computer engineers at the very top of their game. I don't think anyone can ever best their work or approach their pedigree and incredible vision.

I know there is someone who made a patch to improve Master of Magic's AI (although not its pathfinding), so it's probably your best bet.

*comfort*

Never give up hope!

I mean, we need to be awake and skeptical, but never give up hope. :)

I play it on easy!

I tried it on normal the first time and got my but ended to me, so I switched to easy. I also use auto-combat pretty much everytime because it's more competent than I am and take less time.

Don't be afraid of figuring how to win the battles on your own - the less you rely on auto-combat the better you get plus you will learn on your mistakes. Many times I win the battles when it says "Probable defeat" or sometimes even "Very Likely Defeat" - it gives you extra satisfaction that you're smart :)

I've been playing AoW3 on hard and yes, it is truly difficult. I may need to rethink my basic strategy for what is required for a sustainable victory path.

I agree with your synopsis on the Elven Legacy games: a real challenge. I tried to ironman one or two of the titles on hard and couldn't make it through the whole game. I finally settled on only ironmanning individual missions on hard (no saving during the missions themselves) and I'll tell you, those gold victories are about as easy as cutting off your own arm. I'm on the last mission in the EL: Siege title and have been for about three years now. Ugh. Love those games, though.

Eador…that's a tough nut as well. That's the only strategy game I can't even come close to beating on its hardest level.

I tip my hat to you Mr. Michael Dean and I envy you the amount of spare time!

I tip my hat to you Mr. Michael Dean and I envy you the amount of spare time!

Hah! Don't envy what I don't have. I doubt it'd take three years to get through the last mission of that game if I played it more than an hour or two every few months! ;)

Still, that Elven Legacy series is just superb, and I'd like to see more of them made.

Strong words their Dart as a lot of games claim to be the next Master of Magic, and fail every time. It's a self-fulfilling curse most of the time.

I really have to stop getting my hopes up.:disappointed:

I don't think they're claiming it's the next MoM. I said it's the closest to what I like in the genre SINCE MoM.

It doesn't have much in the way of magic, for instance.

SimTex were indeed brilliant, but that doesn't mean other brilliant people can't exist.

We should also remember that the world around us isn't the only thing that's changing. We're changing as well :)

Back
Top Bottom