LostArk - Next Big ARPG From Korea?

Aubrielle

Noveliste
LostArk, an upcoming project Kotaku is calling "a prettier Diablo" is in development by Korean studio Smilegate.

One thing that you can say about a lot of Korean MMOs is that they are a visual feast for the eyes, and new title Lost Ark promises to rival them all. This upcoming game by developer Smilegate is using the Unreal Engine 3 and a top-down isometric view to create a hack-and-slasher.

Steparu.com has a nice preview of Lost Ark, saying that it is a potential rival to Lineage Eternal. It has mounted combat and 18 playable characters, some of which are gender-locked. Lost Ark is planning on a 2015 beta, and sign-ups are on the Korean site.
More information.

More information.

Ok, this looks impressive. Now, how good the game is actually going to be and if there will be an English version is a whole other thing.

Last edited:
This game has some potential. It is too bad that it is an F2P MMO.
And could it be that it will take 2 or 3 years until it ships on EU/US servers?
That's a long time.

u can't stop korea
they outweigh us in so many ways

Diabloesque game... That is MMO?
Thanks, but... No buy.

I think I must have seen at least one floating island with waterfall in every games trailers from Korea!

Yeah, there's some queer-looking characters in that pic; the proportions look off, particularly the head on that gal to the right.

OK, I lost it when the player drew out that lance that was twice as big as his body and then started spinning around furiously in a blur. LOL! Too ridiculous for me.

Well, an MMO where everyone is running round shouting "noob!" in Korean would probably tip me over the edge, but I think it looks beautifully well-done, for that style.

A lot of interesting media made in South Korea. It would be good if some of their games starting getting translated and going mainstream. They're massive PC gamers, and they love their RPGs.

Back
Top Bottom