Gothic 3 Gothic 3 & Windows Vista Home Premium

yea, the program says that it can't run on vista, but i installed it just fine on my vista. the first few times i ran it, it crashed my computer, but i lowered the resolution and now its works fine. it lags a little, but most peoples does.

well... if you run it on vista you should experience some lag... this is because vista uses more of your PC if you know what I mean...playing Gothic 3 on XP could be different that on Vista...stuttering wise...

well... unless you have a top notch PC... like more than 2 gigs of ram?
i have a friend that runs G3 on XP with 4 gigs of ram on his system... lol... it's flawless!!! on max!!! (i don't even know if XP can use 4 gigs of ram... is 3gigs maximum it can use?)

By default XP is set to only use a max of 2 gigs of RAM, but you can use more by changing some ini file. I think (32-bit) XPs adress space is limited to 4 gigs, but some of that is used for system functions other than RAM.

it's not... maybe has 2 gigs of ram + 256... the system uses some and so he has 2.25

I had 2x512 MB, 1x1024 and 1x256MB equiped. I changed a 512 MB for a 256MB from another pc and so I have 2GB equiped now on this pc. (that other pc is the one I wrote about in the tech forum -> trouble pc)
Still the initial setup proved to be working with win XP pro. Don't know weather it makes a difference with the home edition.

I HAVE INSTALLED GOTHIC 3 VERSION COMMUNITY PATCH 1.5 BUT IT WON'T LET ME START A GAME. IT RUNS THROGH THE START UP BUT WHEN I CHHOOSE START A NEW GAME IT LOADS TO 100% AND THEN CHASHES. i GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

GOTHIC3.EXE
CAUSED ECEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION IN MODULE (UNkNOWN) AT 001B00000800
i AM UNNIN VISTA ULTRA, DUAL , INTEL DUAL CORE T7200, 4 GB DDR2, GEFORCE CO 7600

Stop shouting!

I HAVE INSTALLED GOTHIC 3 VERSION COMMUNITY PATCH 1.5 BUT IT WON'T LET ME START A GAME. IT RUNS THROGH THE START UP BUT WHEN I CHHOOSE START A NEW GAME IT LOADS TO 100% AND THEN CHASHES. i GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

GOTHIC3.EXE
CAUSED ECEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION IN MODULE (UNkNOWN) AT 001B00000800
i AM UNNIN VISTA ULTRA, DUAL , INTEL DUAL CORE T7200, 4 GB DDR2, GEFORCE CO 7600
Have you been able to play the game before installing the community patches?

ahem....

since you are new on this forum you should NOT USE CAPSLOCK...

now... the pc is fine,... it can run it... the question is... is your game on the original DVD of is it a pirtated copy....

also you must install patch 1.12 from piranha before the community one

anyway welcome on the forums

I just installed Gothic 3 with Vista and it gives me an error when i start it that says
"Error while starting game executable- couldn't load DLL file d3dx9_29.dll"
Any suggestions? I did update to 1.12 and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom