Top 10 Things We Want in a KotOR MMO @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Yeah, a bit of a silly, speculative article but what the heck. IGN lists the 10 features they'd really like to see in the hypothetical Knights of the Old Republic MMO:
10. Player-Run Territories/Stations/Planets

A guild-owned planet might be a little too extreme, but being able to claim a territory or a station for your guild is an enticing prospect that might make it easier to hold together online allegiances. As a guild increased in rank through group PvP encounters, and by pooling individual achievements both PvP and PvE, it could acquire a territory. If that went well and the guild managed to stay together, manage their property well, etc., they could move onto a moon and, eventually, a planet. In this way the high-ranking players could act sort of like a corporate government, except those at the top would eventually be governing a planet, not just a group of players.
More information.

Do not make a KOTOR MMO at all. Singleplayer RPG's > MMO.

Why choose! I want both! I'd pay for both! KOTOR III AND KOTOR MMO ;-)

Or better yet KOTOR III IN KOTOR MMO: you start the game as a fully fledged single player KOTOR 3 as anyone would expect it to be. And once you "beat" the game you enter the MMO component of it. With remaining Jedi and Sith forces struggling to regain their past authority over what's left of the universe. Seeing the world "complete" at the begining of the single player game, then destroyed at the end of it, and rebuilding it in the MMO update after update through player crafting while combat players fight to gain control that would be quite awesome ;-)

Like Age of Conan? Which they basically gave up on, from a combination of the difficulty and community whining about how that would restrict their PvP from the start? If anyone actually does this, count me out - I'm not interested in having my SP CRPG changed every 30 seconds as the online community complains about balance left, right and centre.

Like Age of Conan? Which they basically gave up on, from a combination of the difficulty and community whining about how that would restrict their PvP from the start? If anyone actually does this, count me out - I'm not interested in having my SP CRPG changed every 30 seconds as the online community complains about balance left, right and centre.

Except that AoC's SP was more an "improved and extended tutorial" than anything
Agreed though it'd be nigh impossible to do well so probably something to trash among the "good on paper but bound to failure" ideas.

Like he said. Players loved kotors as sp rpgs..why can't they just continue the series? Raven's fate was still left unexplained.

This list makes me drool. It would be amazing with such an MMO! BioWare has never made an MMO before, but then again, neither had Blizzard back in the days. I wish them the best of luck, and hope they manage to implement as much as possible from that list.

Also, this is not "KotOR online" as far as I know - it's merely an MMO in the Old Republic setting (which is a historic period in the SW universe, with loads of Jedis and Sith). There's absoluttely nothing preventing the development of KotOR3 (Obsidian certainly did a good job with 2, so let's hope they can make 3 after they're done with SoZ and/or AP).

It has the potential to be amazing, I agree. If it were cool enough and fun enough, I'd sign up for a KOTOR MMO.

But is Bioware up to it? Blizzard always made super-high-quality games. The original Warcraft ran like a top from the word go. No crashing, no sparks or smoke coming out of the machine...Installing it was like introducing bacon to eggs -- it worked really well!

I always liked that feature, the one where the program works the way it's supposed to and without any hitches. How many companies can say they make software like that?

Back
Top Bottom