Frayed Knights - The Adventurers Guild

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The latest Frayed Knights update introduces the Adventurers Guild from the game:
This time, I want to talk about the Adventurer's Guild.

Those of you who played the pilot may recognize the Adventurer's Guild as the reason our non-traditional heroes are seeking the Eyes of Pokmor Xang in this "test" adventure. The Adventurer's Guild plays a role in the storyline of the full game. But what is the Adventurer's Guild?

The Adventurer's Guild was started over ten years ago by Argus Stormhammer, a veteran and highly successful treasure hunter / adventurer. His fame came not only from his successes, but also by his tracts which he created to try and help other adventurers. In these pamphlets, Stormhammer noted that he had seen many a fellow adventurer suffer not only loss of life and limb, but failure and insolvency. His writings not only aided fellow adventurers, but inspired many people to take up the the life of an adventurer.
More information.

I seriously can't wait for this game to be released.

I'll betcha I'm more anxious for it to be released than you are... :)

I'd suggest you give the Pilot demo a try, but from what I've read the game has undergone massive changes since it was released.

Thanks Corwin, I'm downloading it now…

*Edit* It's definitely not for me, although I'll keep in mind that was just an Alpha version. Nice graphics engine for an indie title, actually reminded me of Wiz 8. I found movement and combat to be clunky however, and the party dialogue did nothing for me.

Last edited:
The movement has been cleaned up significantly, and combat has changed a bit but may still undergo substantial overhauls, because I'm still not happy with it. The nuts & bolts are working pretty well, but the interface still bugs me. I'm aiming somewhere around Wizardry 7.5ish on the combat... (I hadn't played Wizardry 8 until after releasing the pilot).

However, if the party dialog did nothing for you, then it probably still won't be your kind of game when it gets released.

I was impressed with it to, but I had nothing to do with its development. I just sell it. I see a lot of RPG Maker based games, and while I try and be supportive of the indie game-making efforts across the board, some games are much easier to evangelize than others. Deadly Sin was an easy one.

You have a bunch of great games on your website. I've been thinking about getting Cute Knight. I know it looks really girly, but it sounds like a better version of Princess Maker 2. That was addictive, but really creepy. In PM2 I just didn't like the fact that you could send your daughter out to work in a bar or any of the other really disturbing things that they came up with. It sounds like in Cute Knight they got rid of that nonsense and just left the fun part of the game.

I only played a little bit of one of the Princess Maker games (I think it was PM2 ... it was a while ago). I agree with you on the creepy part. The context shift in the CK games makes a big difference. And I think Georgina is more of an RPG fan, and that shows in her games. Even if they are cutesy and girly. :)

But I'm seriously impressed with the CK games, and I'm glad some developers are deliberately trying to make games friendlier to girls. As far as I am concerned, the more RPG fans, the better.

PM2 was really scary "Bosomization pills to a little girl?", marrying a dragon… nude sunbathing…. it had a lot of qualities to make it fun too though.

Back
Top Bottom