Star Traders 2 - Funded on Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Trese Brothers Games is proud to announce that Star Traders 2 is now funded , and posted a new update with more information on what happens next.

Thank you

Honored Backer-Captains,

As we countdown the final hours of our Kickstarter, we are most grateful to all of you who made this possible through your support, excitement and generosity. We are eternally grateful.

We look forward to your contributions to our community and game. We are delighted with the number of backers who shared in our commitment to make Star Traders 2 the best game it can be. Your pledges will go directly to the development budget and without your generosity we would never have been able to realize the vision for the game we are now setting out to build.

Something Special Extra

We owe you all so much and we cannot stand to go out without one last hurrah -- so we’re going to pile one more rewards on every single backer who pledged to the project. Andrew and I have been brainstorming for a week on what we could do that would be a really special and personal gift from us to you.

I am pleased to announce that all backers, at every level, will be granted access to a Kickstarter exclusive storyline hidden within Star Traders 2. A unique plotline that will be yours and yours alone. We’ve reached far back into the archives and found the perfect candidate: the first adventure module designed for the Star’s Edge pen and paper RPG! We will digitize that module’s plot into Star Traders 2 and provide you with a secret way to access it.

What’s Next

While our crowdfunding campaign is ending after months of planning, execution, and promotion the real fun is about to start. This will be our last update while the project is running, and then we are going to let the dust settle over the weekend. On Monday, we will put out a big update that provides details, estimates timing, and the ordering of reward fulfillment and next steps. Following that, we start send out backer surveys promptly.

Special Thanks

We would like to extend special thanks to the honorable Lord Gansai, Balgair the Magnificent (who is back in the town’s tavern), the Zendu Ten, Imphenzia, and to those veteran Captains who have been with us for 4 years running since the launch of the original Star Traders RPG.

Thank all of you for pledging. From the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate your support. We were ecstatic every time one of you pledged for our project. My brother and I smiled and high-fived for each and every backer who signed on. I’m tearing up a bit ... must be the Star Traders theme song playing in the background.

This is what Kickstarter is all about: the creative freedom to build something unlike anything that has been done before with a community that is as passionate about this game as we are. We are setting out to make the best Star Traders ever, and with your continued support I know we will.
More information.

Let's hope Trese Brothers manage to enrich the gameplay, because Heroes of Steel is rather boring. Too much in-party dialogues. Slow, burdensome shop text menus, instead of quick shop inventory with big SELL BUY buttons. You can see what skills you will have in the future so its a spoiled surprise. Leveling is rather a chore, not fun. The whole game feels like an EXCEL macro-string, where you have to click big text buttons to proceed.

Dunno, maybe I will be bogged down in details too much and won't notice that the game has become a boring tedious heap.

Well I backed this...so I hope so....but don't expect an action game.

Well I backed this…so I hope so….but don't expect an action game.
I backed the game also. Just ignore mercy as he has a problem with menu size, and fonts with every Kickstarter game. You get used to him after a while.;)

Last edited:
I backed the game also. Just ignore mercy as he has a problem with menu size, and fonts with every Kickstarter game. You get used to him after a while.;)

In this, I actually agree with Mercy, I didn't find Heroes of Steel very entertaining either. I do have hopes for this one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this, I actually agree with Mercy, I didn't find Heroes of Steel very entertaining either. I do have hopes for this one though.
I never played Heroes of Steel as I was talking about Mercy's various posts. Anyway I'm glad you decided to back the game as it looks very promising.:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom