Dragon Age: Inquisition - Cracked By Modders

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Will we get DA:I mods after all? It's looking more likely, since the game has recently been cracked by modders. Bring on the Sims hairstyles; I'm done with helmet head.

1377987349-dragon-age-inquisition.jpg

If you're a fan of game modifications, then you should be excited to hear that Dragon Age: Inquisition was recently cracked by a group of modders. While this is generally seen as the natural evolution of RPGs on PC, it's always good to have that segment of time after a game's launch where everyone focuses on the actual game, rather than modifications.
More information.

More information.

Maybe they can fix the broken audio and party banter bug.

Modders are there to be creative, not to clean developers' mess.

Great news. It would be nice to have a bigger selection of hair styles, especially for males. Also, a storage chest and a mod to reduce spawning rate would be welcome.

Well 3DM (the group who has been working on a work around for the Denuvo security) have been compiling data from tests using various system builds, but the AMD processors are giving them issues.

Here is a translation from a member of the 3DM team:
AMD CPUs is still not working, we will not release our crack until we solve it.
Our crack supports both win 7 and win 8/8.1 now.
We have collected enough cpu data which can be used on all the Denuvo protected games. And we have made a tool to automatically analyze all the cpu data and add all the cpu support to our crack.

Well as a native Chinese speaker, I can ensure that no sentence in this page indicates "3DM was paid by Denuvo to not release a crack".
3DM quotes some words from Sony Denuvo which indicates their confidence on "Denuvo anti-tamper".
3DM shows understanding on Denuvo`s position, as Denuvo depends on protecting games from being cracked for continuing their business in this field, they has/needs to say things like that.
3DM confirms their work on this project is more than half way through, it will be good enough for the public once they get over 300 successful testing samples.
they are doing the crack work mainly for the mainland Chinese players, due to harsh policies on importing games, this game won`t be sold in the country very soon(normally >6 months) or even never will, the only way available for players there is to purchase digital version via Origin which is quite expensive(300-500rmb).
blablabla ofcoz It`s good that all the players there can have hands on genuine retail games. 3DM met Denove long before, they hope Denove can understand their position as well.
All about survival.
My translation may not be very accurate, hope I delivered the main ideas =)

I feel the need to say BioWare have been jerks about modding since DA Origins. They used to embrace it back in the day, but perhaps not coincidentally they started locking modding after EA bought them. For example, in Origins, some of the art assets were in encrypted .erf files. I won't try to argue why preventing modding is stupid…except to point to one game as proof of the power of modding: Skyrim.

EA and BioWare…it's like they try to anger their customers at every turn.

Or perhaps they will fix the developers bugs so a few of us PC players can login without crashing?

So there may be hope for this game after all. If these guys can actually fix the bugs and the horrendous PC controls and camera, it might just be playable on PC after all.

More power to 'em I say!

I feel the need to say BioWare have been jerks about modding since DA Origins. They used to embrace it back in the day, but perhaps not coincidentally they started locking modding after EA bought them. For example, in Origins, some of the art assets were in encrypted .erf files. I won't try to argue why preventing modding is stupid…except to point to one game as proof of the power of modding: Skyrim.

4lsp5GT.jpg

EA is not trying to piss off customers, they're just trying to sell outfit dlc :p

DA:O had modding because everything was pretty much done before the EA take over.
On DA2 came the outfit packs......

EA is not trying to piss off customers, they're just trying to sell outfit dlc :p

DA:O had modding because everything was pretty much done before the EA take over.
On DA2 came the outfit packs……
Not really, Sims stuffpack DLC were forced first in Mass Effect 2 (so called "alternate appearance"). Never bought any of that crap.

True, but the community patches in the Elder scrolls games are still great.
Never heard of any for Morrowind or Oblivion. Couldn't care less for community patches in Skyrim. The product is left broken, abandoned by it's creator for whatever reason. Oh, yea, because they needed to focus on some bloody MMO.

No respawn mod please?
I've asked already on Bioware forum multiple times for that. That or ingame option to stop respawns. So far, no luck, modders are concetrated on hairdos and pink outfits, lol

Honestly I understand why a company like EA would be protective of its own image, especially with the horrible cesspits of nastiness that many modding communities revolving around Bethesda have become. My mind will never forget some of these images…

I remember that Atlus severely restricted the custom level capabilities of Disgaea 4 on PlayStation 3 for the North American versions because they didn't want people to upload countless maps representing you know what.

I remember that Atlus severely restricted the custom level capabilities of Disgaea 4 on PlayStation 3 for the North American versions because they didn't want people to upload countless maps representing you know what.

These maps perhaps?

world-according-to-the-united-states-of-america.png

Back
Top Bottom