BattleTech - Kickstarter Update#5

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Stage 2 of BattleTechs funding goals is completed:

Funding Goal Unlocked! A Reward Level Gets a New Option! Flight Jacket Update!

The march towards our next major objective: STAGE 3 - The Extended Mercenary Campaign, continues! Today, our valiant heroes unlocked our next Funding Goal: 3D MechWarrior Portrait Customization!

Thanks to your funding, we'll build a complete 3D portrait customization system so you can tailor the look of your MechWarriors and your own Mercenary commander.

Each new recruit you hire will have a procedurally generated name, stats, and 3d portrait - but when you customize your crew, we'll never have to "cycle" MechWarrior appearances in your game.

You’ll have access to a range of customization options you can use to create a merc crew that looks just the way you want them (you can name and model the likeness of all your mercs after your friends, for example).

New Option for the Noble House Scion Level

We’ve received feedback that some folks want to support the project and wear some cool swag, but don’t want to show allegiance to one of the Great Houses. So, we’ve added a 6th Option to the Collection of Noble House Heraldry you can choose from at the $125 Level - in addition to Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, or Steiner, you can now choose BATTLETECH.

[...]

Flight Jacket Update

We had a couple requests regarding the Flight Jacket and, after looking into it, have decided to offer a few more options than we did initially.

• We will now offer the jacket in Gun-Metal Gray OR Black.
  • We've added additional sizes so jackets will now be available in sizes S - 5XL. A measurement chart will be available when you choose your size.
(Note: You will designate both the color you want and the size in our pledge management tool after the Kickstarter ends.)

We think the outside of the jacket is incredibly cool, but it's the inside that makes it really special! When you open the jacket, you'll find a COMSTAR "BLOOD-CHIT" declaration promising the capturer or assister of the MechWarrior wearing this jacket a reward for safe delivery to the nearest ComStar facility.

[...]
Thanks Eye!

More information.

I know its a small thing, but I found this really a cool feature in the new X-Com. While there were many things I liked about the original game better, I definately felt more attached to my custom soldiers in the new Xcom than in the original. I'm glad customization made it into Battletech.

I suspect those physical tier rewards are going to take a hefty chunk out of the monetary intake, particularly when they need to be shipped overseas.

Back
Top Bottom