Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1 - Gameplay Overview Video

D

Deleted User

Hi everyone! In this video, I take a look at the fascinating JRPG, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1, and give a general overview of what the gameplay is like, as well as showing off nearly all menu elements, combat, exploration and more!

Hi everyone!

In this video I take a look at the Japanese role-playing game, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1, for the PC!

The game is a cute, colorful and vibrant RPG, as you will see in the video. In this episode, I show off various gameplay elements from the game, as well as give a general overview of what to expect from it.

The game has features such as:

Tactical, turn-based combat

Party management

Tons of customization

Unique gameplay elements

CPU super-forms

Tons of humor

Excellent voice acting

A world that spoofs the video game industry

and more!

I've spent a handful of hours with it thus far and would recommend it to any fan of RPGs, as long as you don't mind a little cuteness and a light-hearted, funny adventure!
Hope you enjoy!
smiley-laughing.gif

More information.

Thanks for posting the vid Fluent.
Wasn't aware you have been doing video previews and let's plays till I checked your
youtube account. Will subscribe.

On topic, it seems like a decent game. All it's sequels are supposed to release this year on pc. I look forward to tales of festival in june hopefully ToZ will be annonced for pc. Life will be complete when atlus port P5 :fingerscrossed:

Hi Edgy!

You're welcome for the video. Yeah, I try to do video previews of RPGs I'm interested in, as well as do Let's Plays from time to time, although I haven't updated those in a little while. I've been focused on the previews and reviews lately.

Thanks for subscribing, too! :party:

On topic, the game is quite fun. I really like the spoofed video game/computer tech world that the game takes place in. The characters are great and the overall package is just extremely unique, fun and addictive. Really enjoyable, light-hearted JRPG here.

Sorry Fluent, this is what I put on Steam and your vids cannot help it:

pic.jpg

In other words, I do not recommend buying Neptunia on PC.

Sorry joxer, but you're wrong. You CAN play the game without a controller, you just have to get used to the keyboard controls.

So you can stop spreading false information.

I also assume that's why 0 out of 26 people found your review helpful. :)

My review is not supposed to be helpful.
And I can also shit my pants up, but I refuse to do that - give me a proper toilet seat or go away, there are plenty of those out there who respect the audience even if a game is garbage.

There are a lot of Japanese RPGs with deceptively deep mechanics, it's just that they disguise them with cute girls to sell them more in Japan.

This game actually has the same combat system as Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, an underrated classic on PS2.

Sorry Fluent, this is what I put on Steam and your vids cannot help it:

pic.jpg

In other words, I do not recommend buying Neptunia on PC.

Playing Devil's advocate here, would you 'not recommend' Gothic 1? Since you have to learn the controls for that game too (as they're different from the usual ones) and can't change them, should fall in the same bucket as this game.

No.
I do not remember gothic torturing me with screen flashes to press A, B and/or X.

Why would you want to play a game that was designed to be played with gamepad with keyboard instead?
Would you play dark souls, pes, dmc 3 with keyboard?
VC is an exception because it is also a shooter.

You can play the game with keyboard only - no problem. But the "wrong" gamepad-icons in the game are just irritating.
An 'A' is not the keyboard 'A' etc.

I don't get the contempt for PC games designed with controllers in mind. Especially since these days all it takes is plugging the controller into a USB port. And if you simply must use K+M you just need to remember what key you map to the "A" button, "X" button, etc etc.

Admittedly I haven't played this particular game, so I'm not familiar with it's particular control scheme.

The controls take some getting used to, but you can re-map every button.

The reason I'm using keyboard and NO mouse is because I don't currently have a working controller.

In this situation, I can play the game just fine with BOTH hands on the keyboard. My left hand controls movement with WASD, and my right hand controls the buttons + "right analog stick" with the directional buttons and backspace (B), return (A), right control (Y). My left hand also works spacebar, which equates to the (X) button in the game.

Once I memorized those keys, the controls are great. A non-issue, because the game doesn't require lightning fast reflexes or movements.

If you don't have a controller it's entirely playable in this configuration. If you're not willing to learn an alternate control scheme or use a controller, then I can't help you. :)

I don't get the contempt for PC games designed with controllers in mind.
What's not cleare xactly? Steam doesn't warn people about this game.
Usually does like in the case of Brothers where it notes the game was designed with a controller in mind:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/

This way people know if they don't have a controller, no reason to buy the game unless they want to torture themselves.

I didn't know Neptunia port is a lazyarse job when I preordered it on Steam. It's developers didn't say the game flashes irritating controller buttons even if there is none plugged into PC. And it's not a bug, it's a design. And it's insulting.

It gets even worse when you try to play it AFTER AC2.
AC2 had a specific icons for controls. It didn't flash "press A" or whatnot anywhere, but a drawn icon that doesn't exist on controllers nor on the keyboard. For example - a foot.
Now it was you who decided what key to use (default controller button for it, default keyboard key or something you changed) and learned that the foot means "press space" or something else. But it respected the player's choice.
It didn't tell press space to a player who uses a controller nor press A to a player who uses keyboard.
Later sequels did however detect what are you using and displayed a button/key instead of an icon.

What Neptunia did, a pure insult and some definite ism (not racism, not sexism, but some other) to me is an instant thumb down without even analyzing the game content.
PC is a platform that should allow choices. If a developer can't get past inferior machines limitations and adapt to the choicemaking platform, then the game should not be ported at all. Instead of PC, go port your controls crapware on phones, noone will complain.

Those who want this badport schemes to continue with future ports, feel free to thumb them all up on Steam. I just won't support it, not now, not ever.

Why would you want to play a game that was designed to be played with gamepad with keyboard instead?
Would you play dark souls, pes, dmc 3 with keyboard?
VC is an exception because it is also a shooter.

Yes I would, I beat Dark Souls 1, 2 and lords of the fallen with K&M. I tried a controller after hearing everyone say it's better and controller was much worse for me. It's silly to think someone with 20+ years experience with K&M can't easily play these games with them.

Saying one input device is better in one instance and another is better in another instance without taking in to account the user of the input device doesn't really work.

It's not a one size fits all situation.

I don't get the contempt for PC games designed with controllers in mind. Especially since these days all it takes is plugging the controller into a USB port. And if you simply must use K+M you just need to remember what key you map to the "A" button, "X" button, etc etc.

Admittedly I haven't played this particular game, so I'm not familiar with it's particular control scheme.

It's simple really. I prefer playing with M&K and should be able to on PC without hours of configuring. I don't have a problem also supporting controller's but have quality support for M&K as well. I don't think that's too much to ask of a PC game.

It would be like console games releasing with better touch control support than controller support.

Oh, please. Come off it, joxer. :roll:

Again, the game is completely playable with a keyboard layout. You won't be using the mouse, but it feels fine without one.

If you don't want to learn keyboard only controls, then plug in a controller. Problem solved. Everyone's happy. :)

Except joxer. :lol:

What's not cleare xactly? Steam doesn't warn people about this game.
Usually does like in the case of Brothers where it notes the game was designed with a controller in mind:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/

This way people know if they don't have a controller, no reason to buy the game unless they want to torture themselves.

The game you linked to says that a controller is REQUIRED to play. Hyperdimension does not require a controller to play. So why would Steam put that warning on it?

PC is a platform that should allow choices. If a developer can't get past inferior machines limitations and adapt to the choicemaking platform, then the game should not be ported at all. Instead of PC, go port your controls crapware on phones, noone will complain.

Hyperdimension allows both controller and K&M control schemes. You want it to just be K&M. That sounds like the opposite of choice to me.

Those who want this badport schemes to continue with future ports, feel free to thumb them all up on Steam. I just won't support it, not now, not ever.

Can the controls schemes of these console ports be improved? Of course. If you can't see past the minor quirks of adapting console controls to PC, maybe you should stick to "PC master race only" games.

Again, the game is completely playable with a keyboard layout.
There are many games that are playable.
Some are patchpolished bonanza, some are pure mediocrity and some are irritating piece of bullshit.

But yes, they're ALL sill playable.
Can the controls schemes of these console ports be improved? Of course. If you can't see past the minor quirks of adapting console controls to PC, maybe you should stick to "PC master race only" games.
But I am, belong to and behave as PC master race. Is it something wrong? Not really. It's not my problem consoles are inferior. I refuse to switch my horse with a donkey.

Controls are not a minor quirk. It's the essential part of any PC game.
And I never said I want a game to be K/M only. I said the game on PC has to provide a choice and to treat the audience equally.
This game doesn't do that. It spits on players who don't want to see A, B and X.

Back
Top Bottom