CivCraft - New Kickstarter Campaign in August

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Larkon Studio will try Kickstarter again on the 9th of August. The last CivCraft campaign was cancelled in 2014. They are better prepared this time - some information:

Trailer:

Gameplay Demo - Greenside Village

Gameplay Demo - Iladar Mines

Rule your Kingdom, Pick your Adventure

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria is a first person adventure and Role Playing Game
where you can build your own kingdom and fight epic battles.
The world around you change depending on your decisions, and it's up to you how to chose how to rule your kingdom. You can command armies and build cities in a Real Time Strategy menu, or stay in First Person Shooter mode and explore the vast and immersive open world by yourself.
More information.

Thank you for the info, ArikHelman!

Last edited:
I think the games name is fine for a sandbox game. I'm more annoyed by the general graphic style. Is it at least possible to change face and body style of my character?

Hmm. I might back this if the KS pitch is decent enough. It looks interesting.

Yes, our later versions will include better graphics, face and body changes, as well as your ability to customize your character.

Well, if there is enough single-player, no armies, no base-building content, I'll buy. It looks horrible, kind of like old Torque, but I assume most of the graphics are place holder. The questing parts looked fine and as long as I don't have to command the troops, I can live with it. If it is more strategy, then I'll pass. As far as kickstarter, no way. I try to keep those to pure crpgs, not hybrids. There should be a goodly number of backers here though. I didn't watch everything, but I didn't see a lot of loot acquisition; that and exploration are my two main criteria.

Not sure it is really possible to make this kind of open world sandbox (not to mention the additional strategy elements) work well on a limited Kickstarter budget, there is just too much you need to get right from animations and character control through to writing, voice acting - all of which cost $$$.

Yes, our later versions will include better graphics, face and body changes, as well as your ability to customize your character.

Thanks for info. Since I'm such a fan of Mount and Blade which managed to combined being indie and RPG and RTS elements I'm going to keep my eyes on this project.

Not sure it is really possible to make this kind of open world sandbox (not to mention the additional strategy elements) work well on a limited Kickstarter budget, there is just too much you need to get right from animations and character control through to writing, voice acting - all of which cost $$$.

CivCraft is at it's Pre-Alpha stage, meaning our kickstarter backers will receive a playable version, month after kickstarter will end. most of the work was completed towards Steam Early access release.

CivCraft never meant to be "ALL" genres with "ALL" features combined into one game,
CivCraft is mainly a RPG with added RTS elements, where you can build cities, fight epic battles, control kingdom, control resources, diplomacy and more while it may not have all features of Total War for example.

Back
Top Bottom