Risen Chater 3 & 4 foes and defeating them [spoilers]

huggster

Watchdog
I found the lizard men really, really hard - fast and lots of damage and good swordsmen.

If it wasn't for all the FRED's I kept spawning (my saviour), I would have given up before the end.

Was there any knack for them in melee? Maybe power hit followed by a combo (which worked a few times on them for me)? Still got my ass handed to me though. I've finished, but curious if other people almost threw mice and keyboard across the room.

I've killed a few "Elite Warrior" Lizardmen in Chapter 2 not long ago. Crossbow, walk backwards, shoot until dead. The Ashbeast round the corner was a little harder … o_O

Power attack, back off, power attack, back off ...
Usually worked well, one just had to be careful not to get surrounded etc.
I haven´t found a good sword fighting strategy in tight spots without space for retreat. Just parry, hopefully good timing and reloads.

Hmmm. Well in tight spots (later on) I relied on a tank(fred or human) to distract. Seemed a bit cheesy tho as the only way to hit them was from the side or back when distracted.

Posted this general strategy in some other thread. I developed this specifically to kill those annoying lizards. Works wonders:

Here's a nice strategy that works against almost all creatures in the game, both humanoid and beasts:
- Get rank 6 Axe or rank 8 Swords, so you can use 2H + Shield.
- Start out with a power attack (charged attack) when they are somewhat close (but not on top of you). The power attack has much longer range than most attacks.
- If you want to play safe, start out blocking.
- When you see that he's doing something of a pause in his attacks, jump back once or twice by double tapping S.
- Use the power attack (charged attack).
- Block untill he pauses.
- Jump back once or twice.
- Power attack.
- Repeat.

You can kill anything using that strategy. Ashbeasts, Ghouls, Lizard Elites/Undead/Warriors/Priests, etc etc. It doesn't work without a shield though, since most creatures will simply smack your sword/axe/staff away and hit you. Without a shield, you'd be forced to dodge around a lot more, mostly by moving backwards by constantly double tapping S untill an opportunity presents itself where you can use the power attack.

Generally, the power attack is the key to beating the heaviest monsters around - it's just that much more powerful than other attacks, especially due to its range.

Not a bad tip Maylander. Here's mine, also requires a shield:

Get in close to your opponent, practically on top of them if possible while blocking. Start circle strafing them in one direction while still trying to move forward. About half the time they come with an attack, you will have already sidestepped and can instantly drop the shield and swing, then bring the shield back up. Sometimes they will dodge and you'll have to pull up the shield quick and spin to face them, but once you get it down it is very handy against opponents who cannot knock your shield away to hit you.

Might be a well-known strategy, might not. Basically it is an easy sidestep move due to the angles produced by close proximity. Doesn't require any dodging, and it allowed me to bring down an opponent like Brogar with a shield and any old weapon, no training of stats or skills prior.

Back
Top Bottom