Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road Holotape

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has the first of a weekly series of "holotape" .mp3 recordings From Ulysses, the mysterious courier that you will finally encounter in Lonesome Road. This is the intro text from Chris Avellone:
Lonesome Road brings the DLC story arc to a close – events that were first hinted at in New Vegas and Dead Money come to pass, as the last of the DLC cast of characters, Ulysses, reveals himself. For a time, we just introduced him through the perspectives of other characters, a description of another Courier who wore an Old World flag on his back, and in Old World Blues, a mysterious figure who marked his presence through graffiti and holotapes left in the Big Empty.
But those holotapes weren’t the only recordings. Ulysses carried more on his journey back to the Divide, and used them to chronicle his past and yours. As your Courier will discover in Lonesome Road, these recordings of Ulysses are buried in the wreckage and storms of the Divide. As you walk the road, you’ll have a chance to hear the history of the courier who has spent years hunting you down.
This is the first of a series of holotapes your Courier may find in the Divide. While we, as developers only knew a few things for certain about your player character’s history, Ulysses can shed more light on past events – and events to come.
Ulysses_BigMT_0001
More information.

Spent years hunting you down? Since it's an MCA DLC I guess this inevitably means you are the cursed one and the divide is going to be malachor V all over again.

I can't remember the game being very buggy at all. What version did you play? It was pretty solid on a pc.

Yeah ditto here. I got it in June on sale and haven't noticed any major bugs or otherwise huge issues. There have been quite a number of patches since it was released.

I deeply look forward to Lonesome Road. In fact, I held off finishing the game so I could play it first. Each DLC have given hints for LR. This seems to be a really philosophical one.

Played it on PC and had problems at the quest with the ghouls and the rocket, then couldn't recruit Bone, Boom or whatever that guy's name with the sniper rifle was, then again in Vegas… I have to admit though, I played it just when it came out, without any patches or DLC's. I did the same mistake with F3 too, then got bored at some point, waited for the "goty" edition then finished everything all in one play.

Played it on PC and had problems at the quest with the ghouls and the rocket, then couldn't recruit Bone, Boom or whatever that guy's name with the sniper rifle was, then again in Vegas… I have to admit though, I played it just when it came out, without any patches or DLC's. I did the same mistake with F3 too, then got bored at some point, waited for the "goty" edition then finished everything all in one play.

I played it a few months after release, then school hit and I had to take a break for a long time. I picked it back up this summer and did pretty much everything in the game up to the point in which I have to pick side, all three DLC's done, all locations discovered, all NPC's carrying the best weapon in the game... There I simply closed it down, waiting for DLC4.

Yeah -- my character after the DLCs (especially OWB) is ridiculously overpowered. I have no idea what kind of enemies they are going to throw at the player in the last installment... Giant deathclaws? Nah, too easy. Giant robots with dbz-like power-up sequences? Eh, those scorpion bots were wimps anyway compared to Wasteland's Scorpia. Giant robots that shoot legendary deathclaws? Hmmm...

...Of course they can just pull a Dead Money and take away all of the player's gear, that would be kind of cheap though.

Is this the last DLC ? Will they release some kind of GOTY edition that will include all DLC's and patches so people will finally be able to play this buggy and crippled game?

There's gonna be at least a couple more item DLCs a few weeks after lonesome road.

I can't remember the game being very buggy at all. What version did you play? It was pretty solid on a pc.

If the game was very solid it wouldn't have needed so many patches. If you check the change lists you'll see that most quests had paths that were broken.

Back
Top Bottom