Pricewatch!

"an object's worth is precisely what the buyer will pay for it."

Right now the Canadian Loony is at parity with the American Greenback and consumer groups in Canada are rallying at the "unfairness" of continued price differences (especially on cars) and retailers are crying foul at being forced to lower prices. Its a huge issue there right now.

---

Gamestop today has the boxed copy of Dark Star One for $10
Dungeon Siege II: Broken World is also $10, the same price for a large popcorn and a coke.
Gothic universe is selling for $30

Keep in mind that Gamestop has this annoying policy of removing PC games from their packaging so the boxes tend to look beat up when left on the shelf for too long.

Well, the Aussie is hovering between 88-90 cents yet we still pay TWICE the US price for most games!!

For those who haven't taken the plunge, the US(censored) edition of The Witcher is on this week's Madness sale at gogamer for $29.90. Th UK Import is still regular price though. :(

Also Company of Heroes DVD for $12.90

i picked up the witcher uk from this longtime seller about a week ago, should be in the mail today. its under $40 barely still as its was $4 cheaper a week ago when i bought. still very reliable, fast and cheap shipping. $5 first item and each extra is $2. I've bought probably 2 dozen games, over the past few years and never but the best results and good deals.
still over $10 cheaper over gogamer after its all said and done.
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Witcher-PC-...ageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122

i'd highly recommend company of heroes as well even if war rts turn you off as this is easily on of the 5 best series ever made-very tactial, few units, cover, morale, experience, great in game cutscenes, and voice acting.

It's just an online bargain bin--they've had some of those deals going on forever. I've never had any repercussions afa user info--using them for 5+ years--but they stopped giving away little gogamer toys & t-shirts a while back-- that must be how they afford it. ;)

@c.u. grats on TW. Pretty good deal--and well worth it anyway even at full price. :)

Holy maccanoli!
I wonder if that really is a food? If so it definitely sounds italian.

That deal on COH is great, Ive been looking for a reason to buy it ='.'=

I threw the cheapie old Warrior Kings in there for 1.90 too, Ive always wanted to check that one out. Thx for the heads up

I walked into Gamestop today and it seemed like the PC racks were emptier than usual.

As I was leaving it turned out they were.

They had probably half of their games in the bargain bin for $10 and under.

I found a couple that we cover including Disciples II for $5. I couldn't bring myself to pick it up though. Even though I'm a big fan of HoMM and Disciples is gorgeous I just can't get into it.

Also, Best Buy has Sam and Max Season 1 for $20 now.

Also at Best Buy, the lowest price I've ever seen on a Color Laser "All-in-One" printer (doesn't fax): $299, a 40% drop from its regular price of $499.

Its the HP CM1015. A little Googling shows Tiger Direct has it for $250 if you don't mind junk mail.

This is a real HP and that's the same price as Samsung's low end Color Laser that doesn't scan or copy.

Last edited:
Also, Best Buy has Sam and Max Season 1 for $20 now.

Also at Best Buy, the lowest price I've ever seen on a Color Laser "All-in-One" printer (doesn't fax): $299, a 40% drop from its regular price of $499.

Still not enough to make me do business with that place.

Circuit City doesn't have Gothic 3 in their system, but they may still have some on the selfs. I had a sales person scan one I found and it came up as $3 for me (50% off sale, so maybe its $6 now(?)). Age of Pirates came up as $1 (maybe $2 now).

Gogamer has Jade Empire Special Edition at $9.90 on the madness sale this week--(also Dungeon Seige II at $14.90)
they also have a Civ bundle pack, Civilization Chronicles for $24.90 that includes the older Civs:
Sid Meier's Civilization I
Sid Meier's Civilization II
Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds
Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization
Civilization II: Test of Time
Sid Meier's Civilization III
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
:)

oh hell yeah mags, tyvm for the heads-up on that JE

Gamestop is going nuts and liquidating a lot of their pc stuff I think, I rolled in there and they had lots of good stuff for 10$ and under - unfortunately mostly things I already own. I did get a brand new 1701 AD for 7.50, which might be a good score. How bad can it be??? ='.'=

My eyes begin to bleed when I read these prices ... *sigh*

But since we also have EB Games here in Germany, maybe I should take a look ...
Not that I expect *huge* savings ...

dtp has lowered the price of the German "Legend - Hand of God" to 20 Euros standard edition, and 30 Euros for the Collector's edition.

Source: http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7901
(Sorry, no English version of this press release available - at least I didn't see any.)

If you think it would fit onto the front page, you can put it there.

I threw the cheapie old Warrior Kings in there for 1.90 too, Ive always wanted to check that one out. Thx for the heads up

Darn Sammy.
Should've bought a McDonald's coffee instead.
That game is bad...
I even bought the expansion 4 years ago and played those two for only a few hours.

They suck!

To my knowledge, any RTS is better. Even the first Warcraft!!!

dang, must be pretty bad!

I havent installed it yet, blasting my way thru Warhammer:Winter Assault on the RTS front at the moment.

alls I gots ta say is.... WAAAAGH!!

dtp has lowered the price of the German "Legend - Hand of God" to 20 Euros standard edition, and 30 Euros for the Collector's edition.

Source: http://www.anaconda-games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7901
(Sorry, no English version of this press release available - at least I didn't see any.)

If you think it would fit onto the front page, you can put it there.
Unfortunately that´s the indirect confirmation that the game was no commercial success.

Unfortunately that´s the indirect confirmation that the game was no commercial success.

I think I must agree.

Sad, because it's an imho really nice game - judged from the demo. And also keeping in mind that I don't like action games in general.

But I decided that I'll buy the collector's edition: artbook, music CD, novel - That's enough to keep me occupied. ;)

about warrior kings...

Humph.

Just checked the review on Gamespot. They gave it a 7.5.
Looked at the graphics. Not bad.
What I remember about the game is that everything was sooooo sssslllllooooowwwwwww.......

But, maybe, if you give it a try, you'll find a gem that I didn't want to lose time searching for.

Back
Top Bottom