Hinterland - Site Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I noticed the Hinterland site added the text below today, saying that Hinterland owners can update to Orc Lords for free. What I can't see is how you do that but hopefully that answer will come in due course:
Hinterland: Orc Lords, an expanded version of the innovative 2008 fantasy PC title featuring fast paced RPG combat and strategic town-building, has been released! The game is available now for download, and in retail stores across North America for $19.99.

Players who already own the original version of Hinterland can get the enhanced Orc Lords version for free!
More information.

Hinterland is now listed as "Hinterland: Orc Lords" on my Steam not-installed-games list, so that answers the question for us Steam guys.

Hinterland is now listed as "Hinterland: Orc Lords" on my Steam not-installed-games list, so that answers the question for us Steam guys.

Even more Steam info from the site:

Tilted Mill Entertainment — independent developers of strategy, simulation and role-playing games — today announced the release of Hinterland: Orc Lords, an expanded version of its innovative 2008 fantasy PC title featuring fast paced RPG combat and strategic town-building.

Hinterland: Orc Lords includes the full original full game, where you lead a diverse cast of characters to establish a small haven in the wild backcountry of a fantasy kingdom, and select individuals to join your party on expeditions of exploration and conquest in the surrounding lands. In Hinterland: Orc Lords you have the option to play as an up and coming Orc leader, with two Orc classes to choose from (Orc Lord or Shaman).

This update is free to anyone who owns Hinterland and will automatically become Hinterland: Orc Lords, with this update.

* Introduces two playable Orc Classes: Lord (Warrior) or Shaman
* Playing as an Orc expands gameplay, Orcs : consume twice as much food, learn martial skills faster, manufacture items slower, and the Shaman uses totems to summon creatures
* Introduces several new items regardless of character class

No change on Impulse, yet. Not even in the "coming soon" tab. I hope they have the same deal where they upgrade it for free. For me, there isn't enough changes in the game to justify another $20 dollars.

No change on Impulse, yet. Not even in the "coming soon" tab. I hope they have the same deal where they upgrade it for free. For me, there isn't enough changes in the game to justify another $20 dollars.

The thing on the main site says the update is 'free for all' ... so I assume impulse will get it. I'll check with the guys I know from Impulse later on today.

My exact same thoughts. I got it through Impulse, but definitely not spending $20 for the update

Thanks for the help, Mike, but it's taken care of now. It's upgrading as I write this and says Hinterland Orc Lords. It's surprising that Impulse didn't have it in the "coming soon" tab or anywhere else for that matter(when I checked it wasn't anywhere). I guess that doesn't really matter since their updating it anyways.

Yep - that is what they said. I started a game, but didn't get anywhere. When I started it didn't even say 'Orc Lords', just Hinterlands.

:) I did sorta leave you hanging there didn't I? It's works fine. It actually was a really quick download. By the time I was done writing that message it was done. Odd though that I had to go to the creation screen to see if the new baddies were there because the title screen is exactly the same as the original, but other than that no problems at all.

As for gameplay changes, it does indeed add two more characters to the game. Neither I've played yet, but they're there in all their green glory.

Unfortuantly all the talk and rumors about dungeons and other nifty additions was just that...talk. It was a nice little dream. I still like this game for what it is, a coffee break game. Sorta like Fast Crawl I guess. It has the same kind of options for game length and difficulty as Fast Crawl. It's fun to load this sucker up when I'm pressed for time.

It's definatly worth the original twenty bucks I paid for Hinterland and this addition is a nice little upgrade. Keyword there is little.

Back
Top Bottom