Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
The front page search has never searched the forums for me properly; it has always just searched website. It's something I've been hoping would be fixed for literally years…

I get an error message stating "too many server redirects". Whatever that means...

Yeah, I am getting something like that too, now. This is new for me. Before it would just return with an unsuccessful search result. I am also having trouble on my Yahoo! mail account. Could it be a new website virus since the codex has been hit, too?

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

EDIT: This all started right around a recent Flash update and a browser update for firefox. Wonder if it's related?

The front page does a google search with your query using only web pages ending with rpgwatch.com.
If you want to search the forums only, you have to use the search om the forums page.
The reason for this is because we do not maintain a search database on non forums pages, which makes combining both search options too complicated.

I understand why. You're leveraging Google for the front page (which happens to be broken now). You could also kickoff a generic search on the forum page and then join the results with the google results for the non-forums. No need for any search database for the non forum pages.

Still getting the following error when searching from the news page:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

This is with Firefox on OS X and on XP.

I once had this a lot of times with various web pages as well … I never found out why.
Are you sitting behind a router ? Maxbe the NAT doesn't function properly anymore ? but that's just a guess into the blue.

This will take some time. It works on some browsers but not on all. Not sure what the problem is.

Odd, it works on Safari on the Mac. On IE for the PC it returns a different error - blank page with entry box for yyyy/mm/dd and a box art graphic placeholder with a red X

I see some strange behaviour when I click on the news-discussion or forum links on the main page:

First the target page loads, then the screen flickers for a split second and the forum index is loaded. the history -1 button doesnt work. If I manually go back to the front page and click on the same link, it loads correctly on 2nd try.

This happens since Friday or Saturday.

I sometimes get weird behaviour for a while after I had clicked on the bottom "mark all forums read".

Right now, I'm having good luck with it, no strange behaviour right now.

The "strange behaviour" consists mainly of the edit buttons not working properly etc. like I described above.

I'm getting logged out quite a bit after a few minutes. Anyone else have this problem?

Log out, clear browser cache and cookies. Log back in and make sure to set the check box to remain logged in.

Log out, clear browser cache and cookies. Log back in and make sure to set the check box to remain logged in.

thanks
is that what that "log in" check box is? the hover message for it is "remember me?"

That's the one, Lucky.

Yes. It stores your account data in a cookie and keeps the cookie, I guess. As long as the cookie is set you'll stay logged in, unless your browser goes crazy somehow. Then you should get rid of all traces and try again.

I have noticed that there are some forum pages which my browser seems unable to properly render. It only happens with very few thread pages that have images, like this or this one, the result is that once the page loads the only thing that is rendered is in the first case the .png with Geralt and in the second either the kid-smoking.jpeg or the gif of the girl smoking. (despite the URLs indicating that I'm viewing a page rather than an image).
This has happened before but since now it affect a thread I'm interested in, I think I might want to resolve it. The issue is almost certainly not RPGWatch's fault since it is limited to my main Firefox profile (tested an empty profile, no problem*) but I would appreciate some help, as it hasn't happened in any other forum I frequent.

I have tried hard-refreshing and logging out and then back in.

Last edited:
Animated gifs cause some browsers problems. IE tends to puke on them more often than Firefox or Chrome, but it's not exclusive to IE. At this point, I'm unaware of a solution. Most of the time, we either live with it or ask a moderator to make the gif go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom