Request: ability to add moderators to ignore list.

Well, gosh, glad I didn't read that thread, sounds like some kind of conflict or controversy took place.

Just everyone play nice, it isn't hard to do.

I don't know but RPGCodex is looking better every day….

Feel free to go there then, at least you can be sure of one thing, you'll NEVER see me there!!

It would help, certainly. I understand that the owners of the site can't be ignored - but a "lesser" mod really should be blockable.

If only to "keep the peace" :)

Still, it's your site and if you enjoy having a mod as the center of such heated controversy - go for it!

I'll gladly take my part of the blame, though. I speak out when I think people are being destructive to a fair and balanced representation of reality - but then again, I can easily be ignored. So, if I'm causing a problem - just ignore me.

But I really do believe that ignoring reality to keep the illusion of happiness is very destructive, both to yourself and people who might share in that delusional position.

I never used the ignore function in dozens or even hundreds of forums no matter how obnoxiously anyone I came across acted, I don't care at all. I never saw the point of blocking someone's post who is part of the same community as you. It's like saying you're inherently superior to them, which is doubtful. It's like putting blinders on, if you feel like your experience among a community is ruined because of other's people behavior to the point where you need to insulate yourself in a bubble to function normally then it is probably you who needs to learn to be more tolerant. In the real world you can't put yourself in a bubble when someone acts unpleasantly.

In my experience people who mention explicitly that they're ignoring someone are only using it as a passive-agressive diss and a way to exalt themselves.

On Usenet and on the old Ezboards you couldn't put anyone on ignore and it probably added a lot to the experience when everyone had to deal with everybody on equal footing.

In my experience people who mention explicitly that they're ignoring someone are only using it as a passive-agressive diss and a way to exalt themselves.

Well said.

Also I never used the ignore feature on any forum yet since if I find anyone annoying I can easily skip over their post!

As the OP of this thread, where did I ever intimate that it was Fluent (or another moderator) that I would be ignoring? I asked for a limitation to be lifted from the already-implemented Ignore function. If you wish to read into it, that's your problem.

If, however, other people have since stated their agreement, then it bears mentioning in future site updates. Burying one's head in the proverbial sand and declaring, "well, I don't use that feature" is pretty myopic.

You know I can't resist:

Feel free to go there then, at least you can be sure of one thing, you'll NEVER see me there!!

Should we regard this as a threat or a promise? :)

pibbur who despite the, after all, minor controversies is not at all tempted to leave the watch for any other game site.

Yep. It was called to "plonk" someone. See no. 6 here.

Downgrade Fluent to a normal user please. He has just gotten stupid lately and I would prefer to stick him on ignore also.

I will offer up a key to whatever game a person wanted, without having to follow me or give me money if I could put him on ignore.

I don't care about ignoring someone, but this is increasingly shameless self-promotion because if his channel grows he could make Adsense revenue out of it. So there is a big conflict of interest.

Gorath said that "at least it offers a significant benefit to the members". Well, I could say the same about the Primerica opportunity. However I know that if I started a thread about a raffle for Primerica products it would vanish in a puff of smoke, and rightfully so.

I
Gorath said that "at least it offers a significant benefit to the members"..

It is true he did say that didn't he, though it would seem not to many members are that interested unlike other offers of giveaways where everyone wants in.

It is true he did say that didn't he, though it would seem not to many members are that interested unlike other offers of giveaways where everyone wants in.

The other giveaways were made by the Watch for entirely selfless reasons, this is why.

Erm, but the problem is maybe the "merchandise".
Almost everoyne already secured their copy.
IMO he should try with games people do not want to pay a fortune for, for example years old game ported on PC yesterday with an overblown price, aka GTA5. :evilgrin:

IMO he should try with games people do not want to pay a fortune for, for example years old game ported on PC yesterday with an overblown price, aka GTA5. :evilgrin:

Could be, maybe the next time you should follow him on what ever crap he is pushing that day. As I know you are one to use all those forms of social media.

I also remember the POE giveaways and everyone and there dog asking for one even if it wasn't for them. Can I get one I want for a friend, I would love a second one my wife wants to try it etc....

So it could be what you said or it could be people are just sick of his in your face self promotion.

Sad thing is up until a few months ago I really, really liked his post.

Could be, maybe the next time you should follow him on what ever crap he is pushing that day. As I know you are one to use all those forms of social media.
Do you really think I changed my opinion on social networks? I assure you, I did not. Even if god himself appeared and started his facebook page, I'd ignore it.

No guarantees however - if I get lobotomized, I don't know if I'll still hate social networks.

Do you really think I changed my opinion on social networks? I assure you, I did not. Even if god himself appeared and started his facebook page, I'd ignore it.

No guarantees however - if I get lobotomized, I don't know if I'll still hate social networks.

You do know I know you won't be buying the witcher 8 on IPhone 14 and I don't expect to see you on any of the social media sites that I am not on either.

Back
Top Bottom