Kingdom Come - Delayed Until 2017

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Everyone's most anticipated realistic medieval RPG, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, has been delayed until 2017, according to a Warhorse Studios source.

We’ve recently talked with a Warhorse spokesperson and got confirmation that Kingdom Come: Deliverance won’t be launched this year. An official announcement regarding the definitive release date can be expected between E3 and Gamescom, given that a Community Manager said on April 17 that it won’t be much longer until there’s an official release date.
More.

More information.

This is one of the 3 games I picked for "Best of the Year 2016". Now it will be delayed until 2017... Oh well...

Considering all that they are trying to do with this product, no one should be surprised. I just hope that when it is released, it lives up to expectations! Take your time and get it right, fellas.

I'm just glad the creators have the freedom to do this rather than having to meet externally imposed deadlines.

I'm just glad the creators have the freedom to do this rather than having to meet externally imposed deadlines.
Well they do have deadlines as their publisher/distributor is the reason for the delay.

Link - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...d-back-on-pc-for-simultaneous-console-release
"We are still working on the summer release date," PR manager Tobias Stolz-Zwiling told me.

"The idea was to release the game in the summer and then to follow up with the console versions. Right now we are still indie developers but we are in negotiations with publishers to, well, we need someone to bring the games into the shops, so we need a distributor, and he kind of wants us to synch it with the console versions. We are still in negotiations, we will see.

"Best case for you will be summer this year for the PC version and then with the follow-up for consoles; or if the publisher wants us to synch it we will release everything let's say by the end of the year, so we will see about that."
Bear in mind that the PC version may improve if it is held back

It may be frustrating for some of you to see a game like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which took to Kickstarter because it had problems signing a publisher, now be influenced by one. But KCD always did have aspirations of being a blockbuster game, and being in boxes in shops (as well as on console) is a big part of that. An independent studio can't do everything - even Witcher 3 creator CD Projekt Red needed distribution help.

Also remember that Warhorse has always had a significant other, other than the Kickstarter community, to please, in the shape of a silent Czech investor who's powering the project into "double-digit" millions, Stolz-Zwiling reminded me. Kickstarter was a way of convincing that person to invest.
Apparently what was said months ago was wrong. Still this new delay doesn't bother me all that much as most major RPGs always get delayed a few months nowadays.

When I helped the kickstart of this project I honestly never believed it could be released on time. I believe they knew they were too optimistic and did it only to attract more funds they needed to make such an exceptional product... and it's totaly ok with me (especially since the alpha of the game proved the quality is going to be there).
Please continue to take your time improving your product because nobody likes a hasted and bugued game !

They need time to dumb it down to consoles and make the complimentary graphical downgrades.

I'm just another KS backer who isn't surprised and who dislikes broken products.

Something in the game needs more time to get it right? Please do! We're getting so many RPGs lately I can't find enough time for every single one. Any delay news is good news for me.

Hopefully they will build in some fun this time, instead of this beautiful Deadly Boredom-Ness I see today.

I just hope they still deliver the promised powerful modkit. One of my interests in this one is that it could be a beautiful RPG engine upon which we could build really interesting mods and modules. Could be an awesome platform for total conversions like Enderal.

So we'll get "Delayed Deliverance", sorry Wargas, I couldn't help it. :p
But this is good news, it did seem a bit rough around the edges. I'm hoping they'll ditch cinematic dialogue and keep it third person view.

I have been following this game way before the Kickstarter campaign. So, if they need time to get it, then by all means, get it right. And with this announcement, it looks like their big investor is supportive.

Yeah the early release estimates were impossible, considering the full dev started only after the kickstarted around two years ago. It is ambitious as hell, hopefully next year they will manage to polish it up for release.

I'm totally shocked. Interviews to be done, no time to work on a game. Can't wait until next year, when it's delayed until 2018. I'm an early kickstarter backer. The game will never be released, stop kidding yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom