The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

You mean I won't be able to answer the philosophical conundrums of the ages after a few listens to the sensitive, insightful lyrics? I had planned on using this as the background to my daily meditation sessions, too...Rats!

No, but seriously--it was neat to hear music on the same wavelength as a low budget horror flick. Those are the ones that never let you down--probably cause there ain't no lower down to go :)

I didnt mean "serious" in a philisophical way, I meant it in whether they were seriously singing of dark subject manner in a non-joking way, like death metal or something. Zombie Ghost Train is to death-themed music what Beetlejuice is to horror films, I'll just put it that way.

I just got one of their cds in the mail today, and it's really good!

Listening to "Dead Cat Rumble" by ZGT

"Dead Cats" are what they call zombies, btw ='.'=

Frank Zappa: Trance-Fusion

Another solid guitar solo album by Zappa. My favorite solo album of his being his Guitar. But with Zappa it's pretty hard to find a bad solo, or any other, album. (Though I haven't gotten into his classical music yet. So perhaps I should hold back on that previous claim.) And I suspect with time this one will grow on me like Guitar did.

I didnt mean "serious" in a philisophical way, I meant it in whether they were seriously singing of dark subject manner in a non-joking way, like death metal or something. Zombie Ghost Train is to death-themed music what Beetlejuice is to horror films, I'll just put it that way.

I just got one of their cds in the mail today, and it's really good!

Listening to "Dead Cat Rumble" by ZGT

"Dead Cats" are what they call zombies, btw ='.'=

The humor is very apparent, and what I liked. (Like the famous zipper on the Godzilla suit.)

If I were you, purrsonally I'd watch out for Dead Cat music. :)

Booo! Hissssss!

Tearwave for me today.

I like the Bangles version of that song, very nice.

Listening to How Like a Winter - Laying Together Again

This is one of those cds that I got, and kinda shelved. It was just not what I was looking for at the time. Total poetic drama, lots of whispering, lots of violins, long intro, time for the song to get going, etc. I knew it was something that I'd eventually really like, but it just wasnt the time. A couple months later I picked it back up, and I still havent been able to set it back down! Love it when that happens

How Like a Winter - Laying Together Again -

I like the music, but not the grunting first singer.

If I was any more sedate this morning at work, I'd be asleep! I took some Benadryl last night, nuff said

Listening to Doom:VS

I dont think anyone will like this one, it's actually been an acquired taste for me. Doom metal with really raspy death vocals, like cookie monster with a terrible sore throat.

Didn't the Ramones title a collection of theirs, "20 Years and Only 3 Chords" or something like that? You've just gotta love it.

After the past couple days, I'm about ready to replace my Tearwave with some sort of "kill your neighbor" thrash metal...

@Gig

One of my all time favorites:
I don't care about the girls,
I don't wanna see the world,
I don't care if I'm all alone,
as long as I can listen to the Ramones

(The Dubrovniks - 'As long as I can listen to the Ramones' ->
recommended: Dubrovnik Blues (1989) & Audio Sonic Love Affair (1990) )

Last edited:
I love that movie - one of my all time faves. Ecstasy of Gold, from right before that scene, is my favorite song from it.

Bart, that title sounds very much like Team Corwin!! I won't say which one refers to CM!! :)

I searched 20 years for this LP: The Volcanoes - Into the Psyche (1986)

Volcanoes - The Scene

yes, that cut says love :)

Something from Mark Knophler's new cd w/Emmy Lou Harris--this looks like a pirate version, rather rough, but some nice guitar riffs.

I Dug Up A Diamond

i've always like Mark Knophler, though i've only owned a few dire straights albums over the years. i'd enjoy seeing him live though he's one of the few 70's/80's artist that i never see on the tahoe concert billboards. i guess that could be a good sign though:) do you have a favourite solo album of his you would recommend?

I like Ragpicker's Dream the best-- very solid album with a focused, acoustic soft but sure feeling.
This all I could find from it--( this is live not the cd version:)

Why Aye Man

Back
Top Bottom