Underrail - Dev Log #20, Combat Gloves

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new development update for Underrail is available. The focus of the update is brawling and combat gloves.

GloveCrafting.PNG

Combat gloves can be crafting from leather or metal. The type of material used will determine the AP cost / damage payload, while the quality will determine the overall damage. You can also attach spikes, blades or more metal plating which will add extra damage in different ways.

Gloves can also have power modules, which will drain energy while performing a special on hit effect. The two modules currently available are electroshock generator (which functions in the same manner as when attached to a sledgehammer) and pneumatic hammer which, when combined with heavy punch or similar feats, can dish out quite a bit of burst damage.

When it comes to unarmed feat bonuses, some will transfer to fist weapons, while others won't. I think that currently going for gloves as opposed to pure unarmed will always be better, but I plan to change that in the future by adding more stuff for the pure martial artist type of character through feats and psi. Gloves/fist weapons should not make the pure unarmed obsolete, but rather provide an alternative path and also allow unarmed characters to overcome some of their big weaknesses such as lack of AoE and burst damage.
More information.

If nothing else, I like the UI for this game; it's clean, consistent in visual style, and fits the game's theme.

I really want to play this....when does he plan on finishing the updates?

I really want to play this….when does he plan on finishing the updates?

The website for the game says "Second half of 2013." That's a pretty wide amount of time but hopefully he'll get it out sometime soon. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Looks like it has some real character development. That'll be refreshing. Looking forward to it.

The website for the game says "Second half of 2013." That's a pretty wide amount of time but hopefully he'll get it out sometime soon. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

I do not understand that the game can be gold in just a few more months since it is only in alpha state now.

Last time I played, it seemed very stable and polished for what it is. Sure, it hasn't got fancy visuals - but the developer has a consistent style and things seem to work well.

He might call it alpha - and I don't know about content, but the functionality is very good for an alpha, that's for sure.

He said on his forum that it's unlikely game will be released in 2013.IIRC he said not long ago that 25% of content is complete,but other tings are mostly done.

Last time I played, it seemed very stable and polished for what it is. Sure, it hasn't got fancy visuals - but the developer has a consistent style and things seem to work well.

He might call it alpha - and I don't know about content, but the functionality is very good for an alpha, that's for sure.

Perhaps the state of the game is more advanced then it seems.

He said on his forum that it's unlikely game will be released in 2013.IIRC he said not long ago that 25% of content is complete, but other tings are mostly done.

Guess that explains the reason why the functionality is very good for an alpha.

Looks very promising.

I love this game, but I'm holding off playing any more of it until the final release. Actually, I can feel myself slipping right now...

Back
Top Bottom