DA:O DA:O player review that will make us smile

Dragon Age: Origins
Yah really, but pretty cute tho

From what I've heard everyone likes DAO but some people thought it coulda been better, lot of comparisons to Oblivion and Morrowind. Div2 might be a nice complement, similar but some big differences,
Div doesn't offer party micro, which can be a good thing if your looking for that old rpg feel - kinda keeps things simpler
and that crazy be a dragon
DOA seems to be a lot more brutal too… Baby killers? or something like that, some heavy choices to be made

Can you run through DA without parties? I'm probably gonna end up getting both DA and Div2 because I'm a dragon lover, but I honestly only know about DA; Div2 I want simple cause I loved the first one : ).

I know you can kill your party off.... not sure about a revive feature.... anyone got some solid facts?

I know you can kill your party off…. not sure about a revive feature…. anyone got some solid facts?

But can you like go through it solo? With no party?.. cause I have a hard time with controlling multiple characters.

just looked some stuff up and for starters...

"How many party members can I have?
The player can have up to four active party members, including the main hero. The number of followers depends on the player's choices throughout the game."

"Can I get rid of party members?
Yes. We cannot give many details yet, but we can say that members of the player's party do not always agree with the choices the player makes."
and finally and my personal favorite...
"Can I solo the game, as in playing without followers?
Well, you can try, but you'll probably die."
so... yah....
But if you go Div2 then you won't have to worry about that :p

LOL, You can try. I like their comments :), awesome.
But in Div2 you can fly around in dargon form, I highly doubt that you need to worry about survivability.

*sigh* .. the old scaling debate…

All I can say is, if you want your enemies to scale alongside you, you should be playing action games, like Devil May Cry,- not RPG's. Getting stronger is surely something that should be able to be measured on a consistent basis. Whatever is the use of leveling up, if it's just something cosmetic; if in real terms, you can still only deal the same damage that you did when you started out the game.

I agree with the posters who said that level scaling is a sign of dev laziness. There should be a hierarchy regarding the challenge inherent in different enemies. As in: When I'm weak- I can only kill rats but not dragons. When I get stronger, I can kill rats and dragons. Surely that is the whole point of building up your character, and the main aspect of RP'ing that I personally enjoy.

To the guy who suggested that a person with 10 000 exp points should have the same experience by the end of the game, than the person who blazed through to the ending with only 1 000 exp; - I think you've missed the point of RPG's.

I get seriously pissed off if all my grinding was just a waste of time.

Try out an action game, and or squad tactical games such as Call Of Duty or Brothers in Arms. ..and oh, btw, I guess you'll really enjoy the end-boss fight in Risen.

Back
Top Bottom