Dead State - Preview @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
As I recall, this is the second time PC Gamer has looked at DoubleBear's Dead State:
As project lead at DoubleBear Productions, that’s precisely the experience Mitsoda wants you to have in Dead State: a zombie game with isometric, turn-based RPG combat similar to Fallout and Fallout 2 paired with X-COM’s base management. You’re the leader of a group of survivors that’ve holed up in Splendid Elementary School in Texas. Upgrading the school is essential to survival—like your base in X-COM, it’s the source for facilities and production. “If you want to start building thrown weapons, you’re going to need a lab. A garden will increase food supply by a minor amount per week. An infirmary will make wounded allies heal faster,” says Mitsoda.
To do all that, you’ll need to bring back survivors from surrounding towns. You can choose to recruit them, trade with them, exploit them or remove them from your party if they outlive their usefulness. “A lot of allies are not good at combat. But they will all have some value—some having unique perks that give bonuses to things like speed of production of certain kinds of items. The more people in the shelter, the more people you have to work on upgrades and projects. Of course, this means having more food for them, which in turn leads to more exploration for resources.”
More information.

Neverwinter27 not sure where you are from but the rest of the world and even the scientific community here often use the format of day/month/year rather than month/day year

by the way not sure if those are new screenshots but they look damn sweet.

mmm bloodlines dialogue trees

I'd not actually looked at any screenshots for this before, it looks really nice.

I'd probably have bought it even if it was ASCII so nice graphics are a pleasant bonus.

Those pics were in their magazine a while back. They certainly look nice for such a small production. This game has me all sorts of jazzed for many reasons.

Doh, PCGamer is down atm. Hack Attack?

Btw, this is an instant buy for me, if Brian's involved. :party:

Fallout RPG with X-Com base management...and *trumpets* zombies...created by the guy who wrote Bloodlines? I couldn't have imagined a better scenario. I wish they'd let me pre-order. :p

Fallout RPG with X-Com base management…and *trumpets* zombies…created by the guy who wrote Bloodlines? I couldn't have imagined a better scenario.
Pretty unfuckwithable combo indeed.
And judging by some of the design updates, including the recent "Reality" one, Brian Mitsoda definitely hasn´t lost his touch.
Really lookin´ forward to this one.

Yes, I found the "reality" post, along with all the well-thought-out and apparently meaningful weapon stats, very encouraging that these guys have their heads screwed on straight regarding the development of this game.

If they threw up a pre-order website that listed the price as "your firstborn child," my son and I just might end up sitting down for a long conversation about "the greater good."

Looks 100 times better than before. They should have just posted no pics until now. I knew it was WIP but the improvement is startling.

Climbing would indeed be great, wouldnt work so well in isometric though ;)

Good zombie games are hard to come by, i liked that old UT2004 mod "Killing Floor", where you have to barricade yourself from the zombies, had some really intense and suspensfull moments. I especially remember a map with a school setting in the middle of the night.

Anyone heard if it has dynamic day/night cycles?

Back
Top Bottom