Original Sin - Preview @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has posted a new hands-on preview of Divinity – Original Sin.

Preview events often involve around half an hour with a game, while carefully chaperoned through its corridors. I spent sixteen hours playing Divinity: Original Sin over two days in Belgium last week and nobody told me what I should or shouldn’t do. I spent two hours looking for a potato because I wanted to make some chips and Larian’s founder actively encouraged me in that mighty quest.

If I hadn’t had a flight to catch, I would have played for another sixteen hours over the next couple of days as well. There are more technically impressive fantasy RPGs coming out next year and there’s a great deal of work still to be done, but Larian’s latest is living up the early promise and is right near the top of my most wanted list.

More information.

That article makes me drool....

For me, this game is the number one game I'm looking forward to. There's not one thing about the design that I don't like. Hopefully, implementation will be good too... but Larian has a strong track record so I'm more than hopeful.

Larian is a very talented group…I loved Divine Divinity. The only reason I wouldn't give that game 5 stars is all the mobs of trash actions combat. They are good writers, can be funny at times and have the best music composer ever in games imho. Since this sounds like all that combined with a real rpg with turnbased combat I think that makes this my most anticipated game.

Didn't care much for divinity 2 so I sure hope this ones hits the mark and sells well.

I haven't been this excited of a video game for a long time. Could this game be more awesome :) Just great work Larian! Orginal sin is going to kick ass next year.

Everything sounds excellent!

Much more than the DD on steroids that early previews suggested and firmly towards a natural evolution of Ultima VII that Swen always dreamed of making it seems.

I am very pleased with the way my KS contribution was put to use :)

Damn its really gonna be hectic finding time to play all the highly anticipated stuff coming next year (this one has already reserved top spots, needless to say) :S

Last edited:
It’s a silly world, more Python than Tolkien […].
I'm a little worried about this one. Hope they don't overdo the silliness. It would break immersion for me.

That has always been a staple of their games and they make a fun change of pace for me. Not everything has to be a grim gothic fantasy (much as I love those)…
(I also love Monty python ;) )

They have always struck a good balance in the past imo. I expect a bit more humor than say DD or D2 in this one though…

I'm a little worried about this one. Hope they don't overdo the silliness. It would break immersion for me.

They usually create … "different" worlds … ;)

This is the game I'm waiting for most, as well. :)

Agreed, Divinity's have always had a bit of a wacky setting. But at the same time they've always been pretty atmospheric. I hope they achieve this combination with D:OS.

Aye that was a fun article to read and sounds like the game has a lot of possibilities, very interested - and I supported it of course :)

Back
Top Bottom