Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Verion 0.1 First Look

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On his Youtube channel Omega Project Zero has a video of a play through session of version 1.0 of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

The most unbelievable game of our time has now released Alpha Access. The current build is 0.1 so you can't do a whole lot, but I managed to steal some guys flute for a quest and talk to a bunch of NPCs in the town.

This is the most gorgeous game I have ever seen by far and there is so much more to come! Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an Open World Sandbox RPG where you will be able to go anywhere and do anything on a massive map that will involve non-linear quests that you can complete many different ways as you see fit and experience a living world where every NPCs life matters. Stay tuned for more, as they update I will be continuing videos on this amazing game!
More information.

Yeah, why be shy about it? "This is the most gorgeous game I have ever seen by far…".
I wonder how many games has he seen…

Hope the game turns out to be great but listen to the commentator in his best 12 year old delivery was excruciating.

It does look good though. The lighting, textures, and coloration are very natural-looking. Most first-person games seem to go overboard in some artistic direction; this setting just looks more historically plausible.

This game looks perfect for pig farmer role playing opportunities.:deal:

Definitely looks very good. Hope the game is entertaining without any magic / phantasy, I guess the risk to become boring is very high.

If I ever develop serious sleep problems, I will buy this game. I think 10 minutes will be enough for any missions to make me fall into near coma, turn off the PC and fall into bed.. Why Alpha 0.1 video?

When a quick search on YT gives you 0.4 alpha video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBr9wpMKgwA

It was linked to on the Kingdom Come site, that's why :)

I hear YOYOYO and I close video.
Especially when there are newer alphas with much bigger world and combat.

Eh…combat looks pretty interesting actually. Love the medieval tone to everything, including the map. Voice acting and character models seem borrowed straight from Bethesda workshop, though.
In the end, I think what will come down to is how interesting quest and faction design will be in this game, and how succesful it will be in recreating that Mount&Blade warfare with Game of Thrones politics in a more modern game. Give me an army of peasants and let the festivities begin!

Definitely looks very good. Hope the game is entertaining without any magic / phantasy, I guess the risk to become boring is very high.

The element of magic in a fantasy setting is just a genre; it's the drama that makes a plot interesting. The developers will need to create a sense of connection with the world, and characters, places, or ideas that you can relate to and care about. Without those, a RPG in any setting is going to become tedious.

When I watch youtube videos, I never turn on the sound. Most enthusiasts sound like they're 9.

looks like it has alchemy at least which puts it on par with darklands which although unfinished and buggy was a VERY good game.

OTOH darklands was isometric(?) and had good tactical small unit combat, which will be difficult to achieve in FP.

Really overall to me it sounds like a 1st person darklands, but I'm hesitant at their asking price for an alpha that may never be finished, and whether or not it will live up to a AAA price in terms of quality, polish, balancing, and funness.

[EDIT]
watching the 0.4 alpha video now, it looks like the in game/play part is pretty damned good. Not too terribly keen on their menu art style, but I guess it works.

I think that I might just go buy this…
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
OK. I REALLY did cave. Forgot about this game, and since it's moving along and looking good, signed me up for the earl tier.

I'll try it out later if I have time and maybe post what it's really like.

Also because of the kyn post/comments crpgnut made me buy antharion. It was already on my wishlist but I wasn't quite sold asI loathe pixel/retro graphics given the time that I had to live with them and I have ABSOLUTELY NO FOND MEMORIES of shit graphics other than wishing that they'd go away, was concerned about length, and about how good it really was(forum for game wasn't helping like it usually does and that crpgnut had put in 72h sold me).

God I hope that their t-shirt quality is better those crappy ones from china that star citizen is foisting off on people...
[/EDIT2]

Last edited:
ok played it a few minutes on 2 different systems.

it is still very much an alpha with quest system, inventory and a few other subsystems working. i did not have a chance to try combat but picked up a quest and interacted with npcs.

on the alpha note, one play i went in what is apparently the wrong direction and ran into a line of anachronistic temporary freestanding metal fenced off area and the ran into orange pylons. obviously a not done yet area :).

i7-3930k 64GB 780 ti very high gfx, turned shadows to medium, upped lid distance and object distance 45fps 1920x1080 pretty steady, so still needs some optimization

i74800mq 32GB 780m high gfx, upped lod and object distance 30fps steady at 1920x1080

both win7x64 pro

windows is only version offered atm and comes as a steam key

a 12y old would give it a negative review, but it does look good and has promise, but obviously still needs alot of work. i would not recommend most people buy this atm especially at current pricing unless you really want to see how the game progresses, e.g. personally for this one i'm good with that.

Is there any in depth, full scope preview of the game? The full deal...story, skill trees, factions, etc...

Back
Top Bottom