The First Templar - "Marie" Templar

Looks like a low-budget Assassin's Creed. Wasn't this the game with another trailer where a dude swan-dived off a building-- exactly like the signature move in Assassin's Creed?

She reminds me a tiny bit of the protagonist of Venetica ...

its being developed by in my opinion the only good city builder of the last 5 years. they have historic and city environments down great. even their city builders had extremely lite rpg elements with picking different rulers with different traits and earning traits as well. this is more like tech upgrades than skill sets but i imagine the game environments should be great, but yes the gameplay is still a big unknown until we play it. $25 is about the max at present i currently would pay for it based on what I know. also there's probably 10 times less people involved in the game development and even a smaller fraction of budget so a comparison to the assassin's creed franchise is an assinine deed.

its being developed by in my opinion the only good city builder of the last 5 years. they have historic and city environments down great. even their city builders had extremely lite rpg elements with picking different rulers with different traits and earning traits as well. this is more like tech upgrades than skill sets but i imagine the game environments should be great, but yes the gameplay is still a big unknown until we play it. $25 is about the max at present i currently would pay for it based on what I know. also there's probably 10 times less people involved in the game development and even a smaller fraction of budget so a comparison to the assassin's creed franchise is an assinine deed.

Asinine? The trailers I've seen make it look exactly like a low-budget copy of Assassin's Creed. The low budget part isn't what I have a problem with.

maybe if you played assassin's creed as a templar not as an assassin which is the whole damn premise of the game. i may not have seen all the gameplay trailers but i don't think i've seen any that involve stealth combat and or loads of free-running or platforming. again the comparison can't get any more shallow in my view. but i will agree it is an obvious comparison to make being that there's not really anything else to necessarily compare it to. in that case i'd opt for no comparison rather than a weak one, but whatever. and for the record i wholeheartedly enjoy all the assassin's creed games and the ones made by haeimont games.

Why all the hate? I mean, I don't know anything about this game, and I totally missed the boat on Assassin's Creed, but of the 2 trailers I've seen for this game I have thoroughly enjoyed them both. I think the dialogue is sharp and witty, and I like the clean, blood-less graphics. Seems kind of, I dunno... fresh!

Why all the hate? I mean, I don't know anything about this game, and I totally missed the boat on Assassin's Creed, but of the 2 trailers I've seen for this game I have thoroughly enjoyed them both. I think the dialogue is sharp and witty, and I like the clean, blood-less graphics. Seems kind of, I dunno… fresh!

I agree. It looks interesting to me and it's from a small developer so I am going to give it a shot. There's supposed to be some puzzles in it too which could be fun. I feel like games used to have more puzzles in them but you don't get a lot of that these days. At least not the games I've played.

I agree. It looks interesting to me and it's from a small developer so I am going to give it a shot. There's supposed to be some puzzles in it too which could be fun. I feel like games used to have more puzzles in them but you don't get a lot of that these days. At least not the games I've played.

I second that. It has peeked my interest I will wait for a review first though. Haven't seen too much info as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom