Call of Duty 4 DLC coming to PC?

txa1265

SasqWatch
Possibly, according to this:

As excited as we are about new maps for Call of Duty 4, we have to admit to being a bit perplexed as to why we weren't hearing anything about the content coming to PCs, the system that's usually first in line for downloadable content. Now, after reading a recent post on Infinity Ward spokesman "fourzerotwo"/Robert Bowling's blog, we're even more confused.

Bowling writes that while no plans have been announced, "we are working to bring PC users the same content in the future, however logistics are being worked out on how to make that happen." Wait, can't they just download a file? After all they -- hey! Wait a minute, we get it now! Maybe by "logistics" he means "how to charge money for them." Now that would make perfect sense. Sure, there are other things he could mean, but our monetization sense is definitely tingling.

This is the vicious cycle of PC gaming ... on other forums I have people proclaiming the 'joys' or DLC and microtransactions ... and when they offer this up as a paid download and it far underperforms the X360 version, people will once again proclaim the PC as d0med!

I paid $49.99 for this on Steam about two weeks ago. I'm almost done with the SP campaign and there's no way I'd pay for additional content at this point. Don't get me wrong, the game has been a hell of a lot of fun so far, I know the focus is on MP but the SP is so short that it just wouldn't feel right to pay for content that probably should have been included anyway IMHO. Now if it's $5.00 - $10.00 U.S. for a new campaign that is roughly as long as the originally included one then I might go for it.

Maybe after I've spent a good amount of time in MP I'd reconsider but I doubt it.

Two weeks for the SP campaign ... what is that, 5 minutes a day :D

Yeah, yeah, I know it's pathetic the amount of game time I get these days. Actually I got side tracked with an itch to play Severance: Blade of Darkness again and make some FRAPS movies of the campaign this time around for some reason.

I'll be finishing SP CoD4 this weekend, however, as it really is a blast. Picking up a Dragunov SVD at every available opportunity has been great fun. Also, that one machine gun with the ammo drum that takes *forever* to reload is one hell of a lot of fun to use... I can't wait to hop on the MP servers also.

Back
Top Bottom