Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight - A New Kickstarter

I'm not trying to pee in anyone's Corn Flakes, but I'm growing weary of these sorts of heroes and milieu. There's such a sameness to it all. Can anyone recommend a game, if it even exists, where it's Just A Guy who goes off adventuring and the Fate of The World doesn't rest on his shoulders? I'm so tired of the ancient, faceless evils rising from some abyss and a Chosen One must somehow, against all odds, Save The World!

Depends on how nit picky the definition is.

If "Save your family/village/country" is massively different than "save the world", there's quite a few. Even more if save the world is the goal, but not the result or, starts with a different premise but ends with greater evil are included.

If not, I can't think of many. Games geared more towards personal story/quest (rare) or more adventure/create your own goals would be all I can think of.

And you can very much play all the Elder scrolls games like that, if you just ignore the main quest.
Age of decadence will very much be like that, it's more about politics and backstabbing than anything else.
But let's not be so harsh on these guys, there premise is no worse than most fantasy RPGs.

Back
Top Bottom