Dragon Age - Patch 1.04 Available Later Today

I'll also agree that it was a very solid release, quite impressive for a modern game... My only issues were the occasional CTD when casting the paralysis glyph spell combo and a minor memory leak issue.

I used the paralysis glyph combo without crashes; can't remember any crashes, actually... Its stability amazed me, as did Drakensang's. Big plusses in my book.

Sounds really solid Kromm.

Don't take my word for it… Ask your mom. :blush:

All kidding aside, I've experienced much worse in terms of "bugginess"… Or have you had significantly better experiences with other games?

The occasional CTD happened maybe a hand full of times, and IIRC the memory leak wasn't a show stopper either as it took more than a couple of hours or so of gameplay to rear it's ugly head.

Don't take my word for it… Ask your mom. :blush:.

Doh! Someone just got Pwned… JK ;)

Dragon Age was one of the most stable crpgs I've played in recent memory, along with Risen. Even Awakenings never crashed or froze on me, although I did experience a number of bugs with quests and items.

Dragon Age was also one of the blurriest RPG's I have played in a long time, unlike Risen. I remember how it was hyped as PC only RPG until they started advertising console ports as well.

So basically they managed to bring the visuals to the level of every other BioWare PC port, blurry and ugly. Oh and DLC and buggy game not being fixed until another DLC is out or on its way is just pathetic.

Dragon Age : Origins was actually a PC exclusive for some time before they decided to make it go multiplatform and ported it to Xbox360 and PS3. And trust me, the X360 and PS3 versions look much worse, the PC version doesn't look particularly good because the engine is bad, not because they had to port it to consoles.

the PC version doesn't look particularly good because the engine is bad

What's bad about it? It's not like their engine has a texture quality limitation or an animation quality restriction for that matter.. That's all down to the designers.

Probably gonna play this sometime, when there's absolutely nothing else to do/play. Dunno why i bought it really since i don't care for bioware games.. at least i'll have a patched game.

Back
Top Bottom