Deus Ex: The Fall - New info and Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eurogamer has new details and a trailer for Deus Ex: The Fall. I know many of you are disappointed but give it a chance.

When asked why Eidos Montreal opted for the iOS route, producer James Wright told the site “Primarily the reason was that we really wanted to expand the Deus Ex universe, and have the experience not just for the core gamers, but to let other types of gamers have that experience as well.

“It is a true Deus Ex experience – it does contain action, stealth, hacking, social interaction, choice in gameplay and consequence. It’s a game very much that our fanbase and our core gamers will still enjoy, despite the platform.”
More information.

Looks like a cheap DLC. I'm curious about the controls because I thus far (ie always) have horrible eye hand coordination on action games with the IPad (ie everything). I'm also wondering if it's going to have an IPad price (9.99 - 14.99). Also I really could not discern a story. The Deus Ex HR, action elements seemed in place but why was I doing all that stuff????

The Fall??? The fall of man, the fall of grace, the fall of troy, the fall of the house of usher, the fall of WTF??????

Still, it looks like a very nice diversion for my Ipad so I'm in.

Looks like a cheap DLC. I'm curious about the controls because I thus far (ie always) have horrible eye hand coordination on action games with the IPad (ie everything). I'm also wondering if it's going to have an IPad price (9.99 - 14.99). Also I really could not discern a story. The Deus Ex HR, action elements seemed in place but why was I doing all that stuff????

The Fall??? The fall of man, the fall of grace, the fall of troy, the fall of the house of usher, the fall of WTF??????

It's a FPS controls will suck just as they do with all FPS on iPad.

IMO, and all that, of course.

Why don't you have any turn-based games on your Ipad Dajjer? I know there are many on there. I don't have an Apple device but on my Android phone half of the games I have are turn-based and several have complex turn-based combat.

It will be 7 USD. Don't know about Europe though.

$7.00 is a great price - I am totally in . . . if the game works with an Ipad1.

And that is my dilemna. I'm going to upgrade my Ipad when the new one comes out this year, so I have been a little reluctant to pay for any new games at this time. But I'm always interested in hearing about some of the good games that are out there. I have a Galaxy S4 phone and my daughter calls it a tablet. So maybe I can play something.

Just read the article and . . . well . . . let me quote this:

So far, Deus Ex: The Fall has been met with a muted response, with fans expressing disappointment after a series of teasers ended up with a reveal of the iOS game - the official YouTube reveal video has, at the time of writing, 989 likes and 12,543 dislikes.

"You always get a mixed response," admitted Wright. . . . .

I luv my avatar

Why are you reluctant to pay for new games? They will work on your new iPad as well, even if they will work not or not so good on the iPad 1

I don't buy Apple. This is a MASSIVE slap in the face of all Deus Ex fans. The numbers and responses speak for themselves.

I hope this will be a serious nail in the now inevitable coffin of Squeenix. What the hell are they thinking? First they give us a competent sequel, demonstrating that they have an excellent understanding of what made the original work so well. But then instead of using that understanding to work on another real sequel asap, they start fucking around with hipster devices, that were never meant for gaming. Goddamn, i am seriously pissed off right now!

Why are you reluctant to pay for new games? They will work on your new iPad as well, even if they will work not or not so good on the iPad 1

Because the Ipad1 is showing its age. Before my wife gave me the Ipad1 last year, she was complaining about how it was always crashing to the desktop when ever a program seemed to be pushing the Ipads limits. And the games she played were like Angry Birds.

Most of the new games require the IOS 6 version, whereas the IPad1 can only go as high as IOS 5.9. The machine is still good for a whole bunch of other reasons, but it's pretty clear it's on its last gaming legs.

Being a gamer from the 80s, my days of tooling around tyring to get a game to run are far behind me. I refuse to go back to those days. Hence, no longer spending any time to get a contemporary game in an old machine. If they don't do it for me (GOG.com), then I ain't playing.

Last edited:
JENSEN_zps93af2a17.jpg

So much negativity. You guys even surprise me and I've been told that's my job here.:)

Primarily the reason was that we really wanted to expand the Deus Ex universe, and have the experience not just for the core gamers, but to let other types of gamers have that experience as well.

Yes, you really need a f... genius to decide, that a good way to sell a game is not to make it for the people who like your game, but for other people who don't. Great move, really. Next: Producing bad tasting meat for vegans.

I don't have an iOS system so I can't. Roll on the next PC Deus Ex!

Daniel.
I want a new PC Deus Ex also, but the team is working on Thief 4 right now. Regardless it's not going to stop me from enjoying something different.

I want a new PC Deus Ex also, but the team is working on Thief 4 right now. Regardless it's not going to stop me from enjoying something different.

Me to, I have loads of great new PC games on the way from Kickstarters!

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom